Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: New Aug 2019 Member To Community ...Hello !!

Message 1 of 2

Hi @Pattycakes67,

Welcome to the online community! Sounds like you're keeping quite busy in Virginia! Based on your interests, you might want to check out threads in our Entertainment and Travel forums and share some of your experiences and knowledge. Also, the Our Front Porch forum is a very active forum and a great place to meet others here in the community.

Enjoy and let us know if you have any questions,

Vicki

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

New Aug 2019 Member To Community ...Hello !!

Message 2 of 2

HI Everyone, hope all are well! Not new to AARP but new to on line community. I live in Virginia but moved from NC after spouse passed. Thats been awhile and I am still trying to adjust. I would welcome any one who would like to become friends, pen pals, E-mailers or phone buddies......one can never have too many Good friends.My husband was in the Navy so travel was major part of our lives,even after he retired. Last duty station was NOB  in Norfolk ,Va  .....would love to hear how much that area has grown since leaving in 1995. My sons have visited the area with friends but  I am still trying to build up the courage to visit my husbads favorite home place.Involved with a Senior travel club who will be taking a cruise to the Carribbean, not sure I want to take a  Fall-Winter cruise...we will see. Lots of festivals, music out door concerts, fairs, and carnivals are always lively here so my friends and I wear our selves out attending these events but if some one feels like sendind me a message or e-mail, I will gladely "hang up" my traveling shoes to respond!!  Thanks and wishing everyone a Good day!Heart

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements
Rewards for Good announcement banner with end date
Top Authors