Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Never to late for love

Message 1 of 7

Hi  my name is Amy Boyd and I am introducing myself to the online community.  i am not new to AARP but I didn't know this community existed...happy to have found you.  I am currently living in PA  originally from St. Thonas V.I. (what's left of it).  I enjoy chatting with folks and would love to chat with you guys.  No love story to tell, as a matter of fact, I am hoping to have one at some point.  (smile). Enjoyed reading Norma Ray's story...true love never dies.  Everyone enjoy your day and look forward to chatting.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7
Welcome annej38808!
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7
Good for you, Norma Ray!
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

Kudos to you ...I think our first loves are sometimes the best, most lasting ones.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

Hello . I just joined AARP Online community and want to introduce myself.

I am a senior , single  woman from Georgia and retired from the teaching profession. My interests are many: reading, staying active, people and life in general, attending vintage automobile shows, live theatre productions,  swimming, anything related to the beach/ocean, bridge, and dearly love nature and animals. I also 'twitter" on the internet and play internet bridge .

I've always been active in many worthwhile civic/community/church/school volunteer work. For example: I am a certified( Laubach Method of Reading) Teacher to  illiterate adults. A most rewarding experience  because these adults really want to learn.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

Hi Norma Ray - Yours is a wonderful story.  It really made my day reading it!  Thanks sooo much for posting.

Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Never to late for love

Message 7 of 7

Hello everyone,

My name is Norma Ray and I live in Salinas CA.

I have an amazing story to tell about Love.  

6 years ago I had decided to let the thought of ever meeting the perfect mate lay to rest. After two divorces and meeting several people I just wasn't interested in spending the rest of my life with I had gotten used to the idea of being on my own and was comfortable with that. After all the one I would have concidered to be my perfect mate had gotten away years ago.You see, I fell in love too young (at least that's what I was told.) I was 13 and he was 16. I fought with my parents over and over but they were  convenced it was just "Puppy Love" and I would grow out of it. My love and I struggled to see each other as much as we could and sometimes my parents would give in a little. We dated for two years. And then David  turned 18. By this time I was 15 but still not old enough in their eyes. To be dating an 18 year old man was just wrong to them. I refused to let go so to break us up they sent me away to live with my Aunt in Los Angeles. (No, I was not pregnant in case you were wondering) Back then without cell phones and the internet it was almost impossible for us to stay in touch with each other. All mail was intercepted and phone calls were just too expensive. We slowly drifted apart and was forced to move on. David married another woman and I married another also. 

Forty years passed in what now seems like the blink of an eye. (yea, you know what I mean)

Then out of the blue I was  talking to my Sister-in Law one  day and she mentioned that my Brother had see David. David ask about me and ask if he could get my number. I said yes please give it to him next time you see him. I felt a pitter patter in my heart and thought to myself "Don't be redicules" But It would be nice to talk to an old friend. A couple of months went by before he called. He had lost my number and couldn't locate my Brother to get it from him again.

When we finally talked we both realized that the flame was still there. The problem was that I now lived inTexas which was 1800 miles away. My Mother now single and living in Los Angeles had been wanting me to come out and visit her. I mentioned it to David and he suggested we rendavu there. One thing led to another and three years later I was loading a truck and California bound. We have been together 3 1/2 years now and at 62 I couldn't be happier. I had worried that my disability (Spondylolisthesis) would scare him away but it turns out that he himself had become disabled and wears a pace maker.  You never know what life will bring.

And it's never too late for love.

Norma Ray
Kudos
Views
Replies