Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: My advice to AARP policy makers

Message 2 of 3

@BigBobbyS wrote:

I would like more emphasis on our membership numbers. When NRA walks the halls of Congress they demand respect from Congressmen and Senators with a base of less than 5 million members. While AARP with its 55 million get none. Congress should be calling Mrs Jenkins and asking what can we do for you today.

There are reasons for that BBS.  One is that AARP cannot present a united front as demonstrated by the content of the forum you just posted on.  A substantial number of AARP registered members voted for the very people they had to have known would eliminate the very benefits you just said should remain intact at least and be expanded at best. 

I think it fair to say that virtually every one of the people they voted into office and they themselves put ideology and party above their very own Nation's well-being....and still do. The unavoidable consequence if that continues to the inevitable end is that the Nation, as we know it, will not continue to exist. IF that happens, the benefits obtained from that Nation go away as well.

That such a stance is also contrary to their own self-interest seems not to matter to the Republican Party nor to self described Republicans that have permitted a Radical takeover.  They are now Radicals too, not Conservatives as they claim.  I have said exactly why that is so in previous posts. 

You have focused on the symptoms of the disease, not the disease itself.  Details that are a result of a broken system that needs to be fixed, not abandoned.  Wanna know why?  Because IF that happens, it will have to be done all over again....this time from scratch. That is precisely what so-called Republicans say they will do....and too many AARP members believe them.  Why they persist in that non-rational stance, I cannot imagine, given the abundance of proven lies they tell. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

My advice to AARP policy makers

Message 3 of 3

I would like more emphasis on our membership numbers. When NRA walks the halls of Congress they demand respect from Congressmen and Senators with a base of less than 5 million members. While AARP with its 55 million get none. Congress should be calling Mrs Jenkins and asking what can we do for you today.

I just heard the new healthcare costs would mean a pregnant lady will now pay $1000 more monthly for her healthcare. I know the Republicans are against Abortion, are they also against Babies in general. When will people wake up the fix for all our problems is a Tax Increase. Yeah I'm Bad, but the 1%'ers  that have enjoyed record stock market earnings and major profits in their businesses need to pay more.

Now the donut hole, I am on Social Security and Medicare. I am taking minor medications for cholesterol, blood pressure and type two diabetes. All medications were generic and not costing me more than I could afford. In the beginning of the year my Doctor put me on Viagara which although not generic wasn't costing me an arm and leg. Then came $3700 because it was costing BCBS and me to exceed Stage 1. Now all my drugs are at 50% and Victoza if I could still afford it would be $350 monthly. This is from a drug company that got my tax money in the form of research grants to formulate this drug and make a killing in profits for selling their little epipens. While for the past 50 years, England has had paid healthcare for its people. Victoza costs them nothing $0. Are we subsidizing the good people of England and Why?

Now, Social Security. We need to increase the cap on Social Security ASAP. $118,000 is to low when we have people making millions of dollars. Hedge fund operators, CEO's, Media Stars and Starlets all laugh all the way to the bank when Social Security stops taking their money at this unrealistic cap.
Why do I not hear of the Billions of dollars Social Security has given this country in loans. Nobody seems to be talking about that or how we can keep Social Security solvent for the next 100 years. How about a increase for the Seniors, we live on a fixed income. If Social Security had been indexed for inflation over the last 40 years we wouldn't be getting substandard checks now.

If AARP spent more time trying to fix seniors ills instead of selling healthcare insurance, cell phones, and asking for donations from the poorest people in the USA we all would be better off.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

When responding to other users’ posts for penpals, dating, or for other communication, please do not post your personal information (email, address, phone number) in the forum.