Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: My World

Message 1 of 7

EPSTER, 

Hope you are doing well and your time sensitive work is finished!!Smiley Happy

I wanted to ask you How are Aarper's  able to reply to.my posts with texts messages to my phone? Great post on How to post picturesHeart. You must have read my mind. I bow in your prenese.Smiley Happy. Thanks for all your help.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

Yes, thank you @AARPTeri 

@Katswonders I apologize for any confusion in my 5-AM-Fueled-by-Espresso-Beans post. I meant to direct you to the community guidelines and to allow you to find your own comfort level with what and how you post here.  For instance Google says I am the one and only person in the world (if you can believe that) with my real name. Therefore, I do not use it in connection with social media. But that's me. You'll find your own path. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

@Katswonders  There isn't anything inappropriate with your post.  If you choose to use your full name as a signature you are welcome to do so.  I think @Epster was just suggesting you may not want to do so.  The link was solely meant to help you explore.  Let us know how we can make your experience a positive one.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

@Katswonders wrote:

Is anything inappropriate in my post? Is there rules I need to read? 

@Katswonders  Hello and welcome to the online community.  I think you will find warm-hearted people here willing to lend an ear, share experiences and tips or emotional support.

To read community guidelines, follow this link: http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

It is considered risky, in terms of personal security, to post your real name, email address, exact location, or other identifying data online. SO maybe use the edit function to remove your name in your last post.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

Is anything inappropriate in my post? Is there rules I need to read? 

Kathy McElroy

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

Welcome aboard @Katswonders.  We have some great topics of conversation you will enjoy.

Here are a few links to ones that may interest you:

Dogs, Cats and Pets:  http://community.aarp.org/t5/Dogs-Cats-and-Pets/bd-p/bg5

Healthy topics: http://community.aarp.org/t5/Health/ct-p/Health

Random Thoughts and Conversations: http://community.aarp.org/t5/Random-Thoughts-and/bd-p/BoomerThoughts

and a link to our main page where all topics are listed:

http://community.aarp.org

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

My World

Message 7 of 7

Hello All,

I am dealing with so many changes in my life. Some of them very unsettling. I was in the hospital April 1st to 5th with sepsis. I got it from a UTI I had for months without realizing because I am diabetic and have neuropathy. So I didn't feel any of they symptoms. They were so nice to tell me I could die. I was totally confused and unaware of alot. I also was very dizzy and unsteady on my feel. I had to take a medical leave from work until the end of June. 

My husband has COPD and exacerbated May 22 and admitted to the hospital until June 3rd. So I had to go on the back burner and take care of him. Never being able to take care of me. I had to retire sooner than I wanted to so I could take care of him. Needless to say i had a major loss of income. 

i am still confused alot, forgetful and dizzy to the point of falling. My husband doesn't seem to remember I am sick. I don't know what to do. I am kinda lost and don't know what to do.

I'm hoping this will give me a place to let off steam. I love my husband dearly but I guess I'm just feeling sorry for myself.

On the positive note, i have 2 dogs, 3 cats and a hedgehog to take my mind off things. I love gardening, beading, cooking and crocheting. I am hoping I can find some friends on here who has similar likes. I am a Christian, I love my church and spending time in His word reading my bible. Hope to hook up with some of you soon. Talk to you later.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements
Rewards for Good announcement banner with end date
Top Authors