Watch AARP’s Movies for Grownups awards show online! View the streaming video on PBS.

Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Medicare and Seniors and that Unfair Part D

Message 1 of 2

Hi Dave, My cat is helping me type this, so blame him for typos. I feel your fustration. But, I have Humana medicare drug plan thru AARP. I take 9 prescription drugs and find this plan pricing is a little steep for people on Social Security. But and however........you may be eligible for Social Security help with your prescriptions. Your pharmacy should have info regarding this. Basically it pays a large chunk that your Part D does not pay. For example, I have 2 prescriptions that are almost $40  ea. without insurace, I pay $1.00 for one and zero for the 2nd with my Part D and addl. aid from SS. It is very easy to apply for and you can do it online. You can also go to SS website and I believe you can find it on AARPs website (if you are brave enough to hunt for it. Personally, I find AARPs website a hassle to navigate thru and very archaic).  Hope this helps. There is so much help out there that they try to hide. Althogh, I do have to give a Kudo to Humana for telling me about this financial help from SS. My pharmacy also had the info. I ALSO WANT TO KNOW WHY AARP DOESN'T PASS THESE FINANCIAL AID PROGRAMS ON TO US. Or if they do, where is the info on their website. Good Luck!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Medicare and Seniors and that Unfair Part D

Message 2 of 2

When will we seniors gather enough strength to fight for our healthcare lives and get rid of the coverage gap built into Part D of Medicare?

Seniors are automatically a group that carries with it more risk for insurers.  Nothing new there, right? So where is the push to help us?  Where is the demand to get our Rx drug cost lowered significantly?  There is no need for big pharma to make huge profits on the backs of aging Americans.  We're on fixed incomes....where do we get the money, the economic relief?

Maybe I'm just dreamin'.....but we are getting pushed around. Washington is talking 'healthcare', even Medicare and Medicaid, but where is the serious talk about us? The seniors and their very unique needs?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies