Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Just joined- Greeting from Alabama

Message 1 of 2

Hi @EdM965653, Welcome to the forum!

I love that you have a pet pig! Sounds like you're enjoying retired life.

We have several forums here with lots of lively discussions. You might want to check out Our Front Porch--many members check in there regularly with news, jokes, interesting tidbits. There are also occassionally RV discussions in the Travel forums. And, feel free to start your own conversations.

Again, welcome, and let us know if you have any questions.

Vicki

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Just joined- Greeting from Alabama

Message 2 of 2

Good morning to all-

I'm a retired public school teacher- my wife, too, and we're AARP members.

Since retirement, I've been a more or less full-time outdoor writer for various magazines- both regional and national. I write about fishing and boating mostly- I use kayaks in additon to a regular fishing skiff.

We garden- veggies, fruit trees, and ornamentals, and we rasie chickens.  There is a house pig with us who lives on the glass room porch and who tells us when it's time to be served her meals.

We spent 2017 in Phoneix, AZ looking after grandkids- that was some very hard work.

We set up a new RV on our fish camp lot down in Florida- we had another RV previously, but we found from Hurricane Michael last yeat, that RVs and storm surge don't go well together.

I hope to enjoy looking in on this forum.

good day to all- Ed

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet