From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Is there a simpler AARP web site?

Message 11 of 22

@bb28747849   You said, You leave one page and likely will not be able to find it again.

Since I don't know what device you are using I can only speak about my Desktop and Laptop using Windows 10. There are several ways I can get back to another page, the back arrow, I can do a right click and have each new topic/discussion open in another tab or another window.  This way I can move back to the tab that has the page I want to look at or cascade the windows and go back to what I want to see and read. I can also view my history in my browser to see where I have visited.

You said, The message board instructions state there is a button on this page to post a new message. All I have found so far is the button to reply to your post.

Your right, there is not a button, you have to use Start A Topic as shown in my reply message 10, when you are looking at a topic and replying. The button is available when you are in a Community Group where it shows all topics. Example, Online Community>Home and Relationship>Introduce Yourself. Click on All Forum Topics at the top or bottom of this discussion.

I hope this helps.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 22

I totally agree with all the comments on this topic regarding difficulty on searching and locating information. I just joined today and I am finding myself overwhelmed with just simply finding and locating the site on logging in. I consider myself computer savvy, since I am currently working with a Federal agency and one of my hats that I wear is managing a website for our office. I am constantly trying to keep our website computer friendly to our online visitors. This site could use someone updating and organizing for this community.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 22

Here are a few tips to make it easier. Do you have a Favorites/Bookmarks folder/list? Mine is titled AARP, in Microsoft Edge and IE. See image below.

AARPFavorites.JPG

Have you created any Bookmarks. I have the ones I check and read the most. See image below.

AARPBookmarks.JPG

To answer the question about starting a new topic. See image below. Click on Start A Topic.

AARPStartATopic.JPG

If you are looking for something in particular you can always use the Search icon on the right in the big red bar.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 22

See my complete post below.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 22

See my complete post below. 

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Reply: Is there a simpler AARP web site?

Message 16 of 22

@SIMPLEGAL wrote:

I wish!  This website is user unfriendly....Smiley Sad

I am sorry to see you not posting these days.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 22

See my complete post below. (Message 10)

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 22

@habrown and @bb28747849 

Thank you both for your valuable and candid feedback about this site.  We are always working to improve things for users and will be sharing your sentiments with our team.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 22

Agree with your sentiments. I'm a long-time PC user having learned Windows, for my job, in the early 90's. This site is not as organized, or intuitive, as it could be. Doesn't have a robust search function either (missing from many sites, to be honest).

Also, to be honest, website design is difficult and really takes a huge amount of input, meaning lots of research with people who will use the site, to organize a good website.

I was a computer programmer. It's one thing to be able to code, and another to be able to design a site that is good for users. It can be done, but at a lot of time and expense.  

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 22

You are absolutly correct. The webpages are crowded and confusing. You leave one page and likely will not be able to find it again. The instructions I find in the "Help" section do not match the web pages I am viewing. The message board instructions state there is a button on this page to post a new message. All I have found so far is the button to reply to your post. Some elements and pull down menues are hidden behind icons with obscure or unfathonable meanings. I spend a lot of time reading the instrunctions again and again and trying to determine what might be trying to tell me. Mostly I log off and go have fun with more active and enjoyable pleasures.

Bill B.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season