WATCH NOW: Iowa presidential candidate forum from Council Bluffs. Appearing: Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. 

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Welcome: Introduction

Message 1 of 5

@SIMPLEGAL wrote:

Welcome Vanessa.  Congratulations on your book! 

@vanessat808561 wrote:

Hello everyone,

My name is Vanessa Trafton and I just joined AARP and hope to meet alot of you I have common interests with. I'm an avid reader, movie buff and love to get my hands dirty in my garden. I also write and just had my first childrens picture book published. I enjoy an occassional game of tennis and relaxing outdoors listening to the sounds of nature. I don't have any children but, I have 2 wonderful grand nieces and a grand nephrew I babysit on a regular basis. I love life and have plans to travel quite alot and explore some of the beautiful states and islands out there. I was born in a blizzard back in 1966 in my family home of Monkton which I resided until the age of 31, that's when my mom passed at the young age of 48. I currently reside in the state of Maryland where I have lived all my life.

Welcome @vanessat808561 ...you have listed more than a few interests in your "inaugural" post!  The discussion forums here should provide you with ample opportunities to become involved in interesting conversations and exchanges of ideas.  You may even find new areas of interest as you navigate the site and become more familiar with it.  Let me join the chorus of congratulations on the publication of your first book!  

"Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness." ~ Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Welcome: Introduction

Message 2 of 5

Welcome Vanessa.  Congratulations on your book! 

@vanessat808561 wrote:

Hello everyone,

My name is Vanessa Trafton and I just joined AARP and hope to meet alot of you I have common interests with. I'm an avid reader, movie buff and love to get my hands dirty in my garden. I also write and just had my first childrens picture book published. I enjoy an occassional game of tennis and relaxing outdoors listening to the sounds of nature. I don't have any children but, I have 2 wonderful grand nieces and a grand nephrew I babysit on a regular basis. I love life and have plans to travel quite alot and explore some of the beautiful states and islands out there. I was born in a blizzard back in 1966 in my family home of Monkton which I resided until the age of 31, that's when my mom passed at the young age of 48. I currently reside in the state of Maryland where I have lived all my life.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Introduction

Message 3 of 5

@vanessat808561 - Welcome, and congratulations on having your children's book published!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Introduction

Message 4 of 5

Hi @vanessat808561 and welcome to the online community! There are busy forums dedicated to books and writing and movies (and TV), so I expect you shall soon find many topics of interest. If you need help navigating the site, just ask.

hello jumping sheep.gif

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Introduction

Message 5 of 5

Hello everyone,

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Replies