Periodic Contributor

Introducing Myself

I already made an intro, but I do not know where it ended, so here I am again. Smiley LOL

I am a 68 years old asian and newly divorced (9 months). I have been in the US more than 10 years. I live in WA. I have no family in the area.

I am working part time. My hobbies are seeing places, writing, reading, photography.

I have a 3-year old tri-colored beagle.

Mariella

Honored Social Butterfly

@Mariella2019 - Welcome to AARP's Online Community!

If you look at the right side of the main screen, to the right of "Trending Topics", you'll see a list of discussion categories. If you click on the > to the left of each, a list of subcategories within each show up .. and you can click on them to see individual discussion topics within them.

One of the categories is "Home & Relationships", and a subcategory there is "Singles Perspective Revisited". I hope you'll check us out, and jump right into the discussions!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Mariella2019 wrote:

I already made an intro, but I do not know where it ended, so here I am again. Smiley LOL

I am a 68 years old asian and newly divorced (9 months). I have been in the US more than 10 years. I live in WA. I have no family in the area.

I am working part time. My hobbies are seeing places, writing, reading, photography.

I have a 3-year old tri-colored beagle.

Mariella

Hello and welcome, @Mariella2019!

Sounds like you could be on the edge of a glorious new adventure!  Maybe it's a bit scary now though. This is a good place to get your bearings.  There are lots of folks here who share your hobbies; may you find kindred souls and may your every tomorrow be wonderful.

Epster

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I introduced myself in 2017. Just got back to the site after two years. Thanks for those who replied. Here is the update.

Divorced 3 years. Moved to the east coast from WA. I am 70 and no longer working. Enjoy going back and forth to two countries where my children lives. How time flies....where did those 70 years  go? 

Well, hope all is well. I hope to check the site more often.  Have a good day!

Mariella

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello Epster,

Thanks. Yes, counting my blessings and thankful for whatever is at hand.

I realized the truth of the saying "silence is deafening". For now I find solace in this forum. I still work part time, so day time is not much of a problem.

Mariella

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

@Mariella2019 Good to hear from you Mariella. I'm glad you are working part time; that helps. I know some years back when I went through a nearly crushing life change, having responsibilities kept me going. They weren't exciting, but my farm chores needed done and there was no one else to do them. So I can appreciate the beauty of that part time job in this situation. 

You're on the right track: counting your blessings proves that.

I'm glad you're here.

Epster

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

When responding to other users’ posts for penpals, dating, or for other communication, please do not post your personal information (email, address, phone number) in the forum.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png