You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Introducing Myself

Message 1 of 2

Hi @saucykicker and welcome to the online community!

Love your attitude; look forward to reading your posts. Smiley Happy It's good to have another optimist on the boards. Smiley Happy

There are a number of similarities in our 'profiles'. All my older generation family are gone. Most of DH and my older sibs are working on leaving the planet early. (Yes: uncomfortable reality) I have a background in writing, PR & marketing. I was an avid mountaineer (hiking to the extreme, let's call it) am now a competitive cyclist and while I'm not a swing dancer per se, I do like to boogie to vintage swing and electro swing.

Here's to the next 50! Smiley Happy

ani note to say hi.gif

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Introducing Myself

Message 2 of 2

Hello, SaucyKicker here! I am a new AARP member from Virginia, in the Blue Ridge Mountains and Shenandoah Valley area. In my physical prime I was an avid hiker, camper and skier. I also loved to dance East Coast Swing, Lindy Hop (my favorite dance move: Saucy Kicks; hence SaucyKicker), some West Coast Swing and Salsa, plus a little ballroom and club room dancing. Now, I am fortunate to make it all the way through a 3-minute slow song! (Feet, back, neck, oh my!) My other hobbies include music, travel and new-to-me experiences. I held out on marriage for a LONG time, and only recently got a 9.7 pound Shih-poo fur baby. My husband is alive and well, a wee bit younger, and actively working the corporate ladder. I've worked in marketing, writing, PR, SEO and website development, but basically "medically retired" in 2008. What few of my family elders remained began passing 10 years ago, leaving me at the top of the "still-living branch" on the Family Tree at the ripe old age of 41. (What a rude unveiling that was!) Recovering from all that took about 11 years. That brings us up-to-date! Currently, I remain (and/or work at remaining) optimistic about exploring my second set of 50 years. Getting older isn't for the weak of mind or the low in spirit! But, it's good to see so much activity on the AARP Forums. Feel free to connect with me; I have some time on my hands!

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users