Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Introducing Myself - follow up

Message 1 of 6

I introduced myself in 2017. Just got back to the site after two years. Thanks for those who replied. Here is the update.

Divorced 3 years. Moved to the east coast from WA. I am 70 and no longer working. Enjoy going back and forth to two countries where my children lives. How time flies....where did those 70 years  go? 

Well, hope all is well. I hope to check the site more often.  Have a good day!

Mariella

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Introducing Myself

Message 2 of 6

@Mariella2019 Good to hear from you Mariella. I'm glad you are working part time; that helps. I know some years back when I went through a nearly crushing life change, having responsibilities kept me going. They weren't exciting, but my farm chores needed done and there was no one else to do them. So I can appreciate the beauty of that part time job in this situation. 

You're on the right track: counting your blessings proves that.

I'm glad you're here.

Epster

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

Hello Epster,

Thanks. Yes, counting my blessings and thankful for whatever is at hand.

I realized the truth of the saying "silence is deafening". For now I find solace in this forum. I still work part time, so day time is not much of a problem.

Mariella

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

@Mariella2019 - Welcome to AARP's Online Community!

If you look at the right side of the main screen, to the right of "Trending Topics", you'll see a list of discussion categories. If you click on the > to the left of each, a list of subcategories within each show up .. and you can click on them to see individual discussion topics within them.

One of the categories is "Home & Relationships", and a subcategory there is "Singles Perspective Revisited". I hope you'll check us out, and jump right into the discussions!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

@Mariella2019 wrote:

I already made an intro, but I do not know where it ended, so here I am again. Smiley LOL

I am a 68 years old asian and newly divorced (9 months). I have been in the US more than 10 years. I live in WA. I have no family in the area.

I am working part time. My hobbies are seeing places, writing, reading, photography.

I have a 3-year old tri-colored beagle.

Mariella

Hello and welcome, @Mariella2019!

Sounds like you could be on the edge of a glorious new adventure!  Maybe it's a bit scary now though. This is a good place to get your bearings.  There are lots of folks here who share your hobbies; may you find kindred souls and may your every tomorrow be wonderful.

Epster

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Introducing Myself

Message 6 of 6

I already made an intro, but I do not know where it ended, so here I am again. Smiley LOL

I am a 68 years old asian and newly divorced (9 months). I have been in the US more than 10 years. I live in WA. I have no family in the area.

I am working part time. My hobbies are seeing places, writing, reading, photography.

I have a 3-year old tri-colored beagle.

Mariella

Kudos
Views
Replies