From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: INTRODUCTION: I think I can, I think I can, I can, and I did

Message 1 of 2

@msglo58

You said, "This is my first time seriously on AARP. Now that I'm living in Hawaii, thought I would give it a try to meet other like-minded people. But, there's no AARP here?"

I don't live in Hawaii but here is what I found. Have you looked under Menu? I got the site to open but could not get the link to work in this post.

AARPHawaii.JPG

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

INTRODUCTION: I think I can, I think I can, I can, and I did

Message 2 of 2

INTRODUCTION: Good day to you,

This is my first time seriously on AARP. Now that I'm living in Hawaii, thought I would give it a try to meet other like-minded people. But, there's no AARP here? Oh well, I'm here from San Antonio, TX. I have a Masters in School Counseling and Bachelors in Elementary Education. I have been divorced for 10+ years and sometimes it seems like yesterday and other times it seems I have never been married. 

I love to write. I have published a children's book called, Beneath the Fur, just to get a taste of the process and now know I can do better on my own. You won't find it anywhere. I only published enough to give to my colleagues, family, and close friends. I will do a bigger reproduction next year for a book signing. So, I am going in for another round while here. This time for teenagers and a book for adults.

I love to hike, bowl, take in live shows and theater, go to museums, thrift and antique stores, lift weights, yoga, READ, eat popcorn while catching up with Jane the Virgin, How to Get Away with Murder,the Voice, old classics, Family Feud, COOKing healthy with less meat, dancing/aerobics, fellowship with friends, church Bible studies, reflection time, and most of all the time with family. I have four grandchildren within three years and I am soooooo loving the experience. That is why I am in Hawaii.

Now that I've come full circle, let's get to the friendships.  Have such a wonderful day your face will be permanently curved upward from the smiles.  <>< Gloria

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors