On Memorial Day weekend, we remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice. AARP also offers resources and news for military veterans and families.

Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: I am publishing a new book.

Message 1 of 4

Thank you. I appreciate the kudo.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

WINTER, 1948.jpgHi, Kay. Thanks for your interest. Yes, I am self-publishing; I'm also printing and hand-binding each copy. This project began as an offshoot of the writing part of my life and the art side of my life. Years ago, one could send a poem, short story, article or book manuscript to a publisher without any hitches. Today, most magazines charge a reading or submission fee and most book publishers accept manuscripts only through agents. I've run into a few people who self-publish through services like Amazon and finally decided, "I can do that." I've done a couple of public "readings" so far of my non-fiction piece, "The Corner." which is included in the anthology Streets of Echoes. For my next reading -- on the 12th -- I'll have not only a stack of "Streets...," but copies of my own hand-made books: Winter, 1948; Establishing Home Plate; There is No Dam Now at Richford; and Up In Wisconson. It's an experiment so, we'll see how it goes.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

Hello Jake,

How interesting - publishing your book. Are you self-publishing? How does that work?

Cordially - Kay

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

I am publishing a new book.

Message 4 of 4

I am an exhibiting painter and photographer who, after years of being away from the field, has begun to write again. My non-fiction story, "The Corner," was included in the anthology Streets of Echoes and Ive published some other work recently. I have a book of poetry, Winter, 1948, that is just being published in a limited edition and five other books in the "pre-publishing" stage.

My art is included in public and private collections -- most recently, the collection of Brigham and Women's Hospital.

My day begins with a workout at the Y and then nothing but art and writing.

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors