WATCH VIDEO: Day 5 of Iowa presidential candidate forum with Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. 

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: How Do I CHange this Screen Name I've Been Arbitrarily Assigned

Message 1 of 5

It's been a long time since this topic was addressd.  Somehow, somewhen, some people were/are able to have a sensible name on the games leaderboards.  How did they get it?  The "My Account" pages do not addess this particular item.  I can edit my real name and my community forum name, but not my games leaderboard name.

Polly

Polly
Sic 'em Bears!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

Sister Benedicta,

I tried what Frozen posted and it worked.  At least my Username on the edit page is changed.

How to edit your name and email, etc: At the upper right, click the down arrow next to the A beside your name. (You must be logged in.) Choose "My Account". Then on the left under the heading Account Settings, is a link to "View and Edit My Account". Click and you can edit your email name, username, password, date of birth and contact information. 

In the center is Membership information: "Name" is what will be on your membership card. The arbitrarily assigned Username shows up on the game pages. (Mine hasn't changed there yet, though. It's still pb3166696 for game scores - which is also showing on the My Account Details page.)

Blessings,

Polly2017Waco

Polly
Sic 'em Bears!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

My legal name is Andrea [removed to protect your privacy and personal identity]. I use it ONLY for legal things and credit cards.
My friends and family never call me by it. I am called "Benedicta" or
".Sister Benedicta". I dislike the custom of calling people by their 1st names, whether you know them or not anyway.
When you get in touch with me, PLEASE if you must use a name at all, address me as "Benedicta", "Sister Benedicta" never Andrea.
Thank you for your attention,
Benedicta, O.S.H.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

p2....,

To change your user name, look in the upper right corner see the Hi, real name or P whatever.

Click on the A,

Click on My Account

That will take you to a page where you can edit your online profile, AND CHANGE your name to something else, just remember to SAVE your changes.

Frozen

ps - it helps to do this on computer, presently on smartphone so, I'm working from memory.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

How Do I CHange this Screen Name I've Been Arbitrarily Assigned

Message 5 of 5

p29521c is really not something I want to try to remember.

Kudos
Views
Replies