Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Conversationalist

Hi, I'm new to the forum

Hello all.  I am 57 and an AARP member.  I was widowed almost 2 years ago.  It has been a very difficult time for me.  My husband and I had a wonderful marriage.  He was funny and he played guitar and was a talented artist.  He was 13 years older than I am, but much too young to die (68).

I was involved in grief support groups, but I am not attending now.  I recently participated in our local 50+ spelling bee.  It was so fun and our team won.  I am looking for other activities such as possible tutoring or volunteering or classes - not sure just what yet.  I like intellectual activities and I enjoy the humanities and the arts.

Thanks, Carolyn

Periodic Contributor

Glad to see you here on this forum. Sorry for your loss. Hope you can find here a lot of support.

Take care

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am relatively new here as well and I am so glad I found it. I believe you will find,as I did,that its a wonderful place to visit,read,listen,learn, and if you want,share. Everyone here is great. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you can find some respite here and that the time you spend will offer some degree of easement for your grief. Welcome and enjoy.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Thank you.  

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

You are very welcome. My best to you.  🎹

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP