Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Hello

Message 1 of 5

Hi Christopher!

I have been a "member" of AARP for 5 years; but this is the first time I've actually completed all of the Personal Information, Community Information & the like. I'm an Air Force veteran; joined at the age of 17 (whew) & loved every minute of it. I've finally "settled down" (for lack of better word) in Tennessee.  Beautiful country, great fishing, camping and now a Zip Line/Outdoor "Boot Camp" close by. I, too, am finally getting a chance to "Begin Life" after overcoming turmoils also. Keep your sense of humor, never forget how it was when we were younger and try not to let life and the troubles get to you too bad. I hope to connect in this community as well.

C. Deck

Time to Laugh, Love, Give
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

Thank you very much :-)

Christopher Martin Shaddock
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

Thank you very much. :-)

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

@Shaddock67 wrote:

Good evening everyone. I would like to introduce myself. Christopher Shaddock, just turned 50 this past July 16th. Personal Trainer, single father of 5, Army Veteran, and lived in Iceland for 11 years. Back in Boston and starting a new chapter in my life. So the Life begins at 50 Tour has begin. Embracing getting older, and not letting it stop me from living life to the fullest, despite recent turmoils in my person life. Hope to connect in this community:-)

Hello @Shaddock67 Christopher! Welcome to the forums.

Yes, life after 50 (I'm 58) can be wonderfully full and infinitely exciting. As with fitness, it comes down to the daily choices we make.

I hope you'll jump into the conversations here. I'm especially hoping to learn from you regarding personal training, as DH and I are competitive cyclists.

Also hope you'll share stories and images of Iceland. Smiley Happy

Again, welcome to the forums. May we be a spot of respite for you.

Epster

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Hello

Message 5 of 5

Good evening everyone. I would like to introduce myself. Christopher Shaddock, just turned 50 this past July 16th. Personal Trainer, single father of 5, Army Veteran, and loved in Iceland for 11 years. Back in Boston and starting a new chapter in my life. So the Life begins at 50 Tour has begin. Embracing getting older, and not letting it stop me from living life to the fullest, despite recent turmoils in my person life. Hope to connect in this community:-)

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors