Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with the AARP job board.

Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Hello needing your help.

Message 1 of 2

I understand how she feels my husband also died it's a trust issue and giving up her money is hard she sounds like she is a very independent woman.check your neighborhood senior helper if they can't help the may have information about something else hopefully this will help.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Hello needing your help.

Message 2 of 2
Hello, I am Tim from Baton Rouge, La. I am 63. My wife and I are both disabled but can care for ourselves. The problem has arisen with my mother, 86. She has a disease called Aglamaglia (sic?). Her mind is sharp but dimming. Her body hurts and getting weaker daily. This weak she fell while out shopping, between her car and the next putting groceries in the back. She struggle and couldn't get up and someone finally saw her and came to her aid. She is scared of the future, lonely (Dad, her brother and sisters, her very best friend in life, and most all the rest of her peers are gone. She has people coming over to visit but it ain't the same as those who know our story. She doen't want to go to Assisted Living but she accepts the fact that she may need to go into one. She wants to leave this world from her home of 53. Daddy died in his den. We have discussed the idea of getting a companion in for 4 to 5 hours a day. Help her with getting ready in the morning, cleaning, shopping and companionship. Now here is the rub. Mom is so tight that Abe cries emancipation when he leaves her billfold. She has the money but letting go of it is hard. What would push the deal with help at home would be if those expenses are tax deductible. You folks have any idea or where I might go to find out? Calling IRS is not a reliable sources. I know we can get medical backing, they see the need. Any ideas will be helpful and most appreciated, Thank You, Tim
Matt 25:31ff
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies