Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Hello all

Message 1 of 4

Greetings one and all. I've been a member of AARP on and off for the past 5 years and have decided to take a more in depth look and dive in. I am a personal chef and absolutely LOVE food.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

Hello all from Western North Carolina. Still trying to navigate these sites

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

Hi, Sheri! Welcome to our little haven!

I have the same questions! 6 months ago I was applied for SS benefits based on being 62 and job security not solid and worries about Trump Admin changes. (Not new for me; when Bush Jr was elected I paid off all credit cards and paid cash for everything.)

I was told by SSA rep don't file (for retirement) now; work as long as you can to at least qualify for medicare. I withdrew my application based on that.

Now, not so sure; if health care coverage is going to change this much, not sure where to go. Who/how if hot topic on CNN but no answers.

Advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Hello all

Message 4 of 4

My name is Sheri and I've been a member for a little over a month now. As everyone else has heard, the House passed it's new health care plan.

I have health insurance right now through my employer, but I'm wondering if anything will change on that. I know I have to ask my employer as well, but I figured maybe someone in the know could explain things also.

Does this only effect people who previously signed up for health insurance through Obamacare? Will I lose my employer provided health coverage?

Thanks in advance for any answers given.

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet