Have questions about your Medicare options? AARP's Medicare Resource Center can help.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Hello,Im new here-looking for real friends

Message 1 of 2

Hi Sammi,

This is my first time on this community site and I saw your letter.  I can identify with you because I also believed that by helping others my life would be richer.  Now I'm 63, alone and lonely.  I live with my dog, Bella.  I also was abused, emotionally, by the men in my life.  I'm also disabled and living on Social Security disability.  I feel your pain.  

How old is your child?  Is it a boy or girl?  

I'll try to give you moral support.  I don't know when I will be on this community again.  Maybe we can support each other.

Dianne

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Hello,Im new here-looking for real friends

Message 2 of 2

Im 49 so I guess I barely make the cut in here but I feel older if that helps,lol. 

Im disabled but my spirit is not and sometimes my health is good to the point that I just want to go somewhere new! 

Anyway,all of the friends Ive made since I turned 40 used me and moved on so Im looking for REAL friendship. You know the kind that doubles your joy and halves your sorrows. Im not sure that exists anymore except in me though.

I take care of a husband thats in better shape than me with terminal cancer who has mentally abused me for years. 

I was the idiot who believed it when God said if you help others then when its your turn He will help you. Ive been alone now without help for longer than I can remember. I've wasted my life helping others when no one else did only to find my life pretty much over and alone now. 

Im a writer,wrote articles till I became disabled with GBS which has moved to CIDP(likeMS) wanted to write a novel all my life but never could please myself with what I wrote. I started a successful all female over 40 writers group on SheWrites.com called BloomingLate and won the 2014 National Novel Writing Month challenge of 50,000 words done on a novel. Still haven't published  anything though.

I hate message boards like this,wish it was more like FB in here. 

Anyway,Im scared because my hubby could go to a nursing home and then our kid and me could be on the street I guess.The govt won't help me with my disability because Im married to him because he gets money from SocSec already. 

Im ready to move on,our kid is miserable and Im miserable but I don't know where to begin. Im going to call agencies next week to see what is out there for me. 

Id really just like someone to be a friend for moral support and encouragement as Ive been for countless others. Im all alone. 

Thanks if you read this far.

Sammi

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors