Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Hello From a New Member!

Message 1 of 1

Hello everyone!

I am so excited to find this community of folks.

I love the AARP magazine and all the wonderful articles.  This community is such a bonus because we can ask specific questions and folks that have experience can chime in.

I live in the beautiful state of New Hampshire - more specifically, North Conway.  I've lived and worked here my entire adult life.  I love to travel, horseback ride, hike, ski, snowshoe, kayak and work.  If only my days were longer (and I was younger), I could do more than one thing every day!

Horses have always been a huge part of my life and they kept me out of trouble when I was young, and now that I'm old, they keep me fit!  Here's my gang.new-hampshire-cabin-rental.jpgMy three are mixed in with my friend's 4 draft horses!

I ride my faithful steeds everywhere in the beautiful valley.  Here's us greeting some kayakers in the Saco River.  white-mountains-cabin-rental (2).jpgThanks to my friend, the kayaker, for taking this photo!

This year I had the opportunity to travel up Mt Washington to the treeline in a "Snowcoach".  It was terrific and I suggest that everyone put that trip on their bucket list!  north-conway-vacation-rental-teena.JPGMe taking photos for my website.

Mt Washington is known to have the "worst weather on Earth".  I got lucky and Mother Nature provided me a crystal clear day to make the trip! 

white-mountains-cabin-rentals.jpgThe Snowcoach heading back down!

I'm so lucky to live in such a special place.  Smiley Happy  You can find foliage pics anywhere...  check this out!  It was taken by my friend.  The best foliage viewing in the country is said to be the Kancamagus highway which is minutes from North Conway.  Jay-philbrick-four-seasons-lodge.jpgJay Philbrick took this gorgeous photo!

There are so many things to do in North Conway.  north-conway-cabin-rentals.jpgRide the train

north-conway-vacation-rental (2).jpgOf course you can ski

covered-bridge-north-conway.jpgTour around and visit all our covered bridges!

Anyway, I'm so glad to have found this community.  Happy travels!

See you 'round town,

Teena 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies