From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

HELLO! Newbie here

Message 1 of 1

I have been a member since 1999 but unfortunately lapsed until today. I feel the need, in these tumultuous times, to connect with others in my age group to see what we can do to help this world.

I have no interest in politics but feel that I am being forced to join something to stop what is happening and make sure our benefits are not taken from us. We earned these benefits with our own blood, sweat and tears and just the thought of privatizing SS or Medicare makes my blood boil.

I live with my 83YO mom (for 34 years) and will be needing help finding support when the time comes for me to take care of her which I fully plan on doing. Unless she gets completely dependent (I work) she will stay with me until I can't take good, safe care anymore. She is healthy now and mostly has her wits about her - as good as anybody else I know! Smiley Happy - but is 1/2 blind and pretty much deaf. I wish my legs were as good as hers!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors