Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

RE: Florida: Where you live

Message 71 of 73

In Response to Florida: Where you live by Niobe

I spent three months in St. Pete in 2006 and loved it. Drove south sightseeing and ended up at the Don Caesar for four days.  Wonderful. I agree, you live in a city that is close to paradise.  I did live in St. Augustine for 12 years, and it's not bad there, either.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Florida: Where you live

Message 72 of 73

Hi

I live in St. Petersburg, Florida, the mid-sized city with the personality of a small town. It's as close to paradise as I can afford.  We are known as one of the 25 best destinations in the country for the arts, and number one! for mid-sized cities.  Although there are plenty of museums, galleries and aquariums nearby, we also host plenty of free or affordable events, most of which are family-friendly.  The St Petersburg waterfront is mostly parkland, unusual for a beach-side city, offering beautiful views for all to see.  The opportunities for outdoor recreation are extensive. We have some of the most extensive bike trails in any city.   You can hike, swim, fish.  We have two very large nature parks in the city, and beaches on both our coasts. My neighborhood is the type where folks hang over the fence to talk, and most of us know each other.  And that's not unusual in our town.  Great climate, great neighbors, great opportunity to get out the door and have fun.  I love it here!

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Florida: Where you live

Message 72 of 73

Hi

I live in St. Petersburg, Florida, the mid-sized city with the personality of a small town. It's as close to paradise as I can afford.  We are known as one of the 25 best destinations in the country for the arts, and number one! for mid-sized cities.  Although there are plenty of museums, galleries and aquariums nearby, we also host plenty of free or affordable events, most of which are family-friendly.  The St Petersburg waterfront is mostly parkland, unusual for a beach-side city, offering beautiful views for all to see.  The opportunities for outdoor recreation are extensive. We have some of the most extensive bike trails in any city.   You can hike, swim, fish.  We have two very large nature parks in the city, and beaches on both our coasts. My neighborhood is the type where folks hang over the fence to talk, and most of us know each other.  And that's not unusual in our town.  Great climate, great neighbors, great opportunity to get out the door and have fun.  I love it here!

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements
Rewards for Good announcement banner
Top Authors