Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

RE: Florida: Where you live

Message 61 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by sus

You'd be surprised about the piano bar.  We have them in St. Pete.  Sounds like you have fun, there.  Now, they need to get more things going on Friday nights than just once a month, don't you think?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
sus
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by Niobe

When in Jax Beach, I walk on the beach a lot. Once in awhile I get out to play NTN trivia. I would love to (but don't expect to)  find a piano bar that welcome senior single women!

Here in Putnam county there's an event called 3rd Friday where people gather at an art supply store or on the street. There is live music and people bring food to share and look at the art work.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by MrSanDiego

Hey, thank you for your dedication.  Sounds like a real hassle.  I knew there was an earlier group, just didn't know the specifics.  And you are defintely right when you say that meeting new friends is the best part of being around!

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 73

Hi Judy & Shelby; their are 23 other people from The Sun Shine state. I try to get everyone talking about their area and have fun doing it so they would meet their next door neighbor.

I originally had what I called "THE ROSTER">where Are You From but AARP said I couldn't do it that way  and it took me over a month to get back on the AARP site because of it so I had to re invent it into this Group and their is still maybe 75 people who have not realized it they just didn't want to bother  reposting. I sent everyone that was listed on the old list of  "THE ROSTER" a personal invitation to join this Group. I listed it in "Meet Up c\Central,   Single & Mingle, Single Travelers and others that didn't want me it post in their Group for what ever reason so unless people are interested in meeting and hearing about new places then they miss out on the experience of meeting us. (ha)

I have found allot of folks that are New to AARP have a hard time navigating the site and how and where to Post and That includes me so when I see someone in need to a little direction I try to help them by sending a private message with a suggestion on how to do it. At any rate I hope eventually hope to get all the States represented and people plan meet ups like I did when I went to my daughters for Christmas with a couple of people from NC & SC. It works because I've done it in Florida and soon Northern California all with folks from here on AARP. Meeting and making New friends is a fun part of being alive!

Thanks for being part of the Group.

MrSanDiego_AL

AL
In San Diego
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by Niobe

Hi Judy,  Thank you for your lovely post, and it will be a pleasure to meet you and our other Floridians personally, and of course meeting Mr SanDiego_Al will be a special treat!!!   I have to get ready to go to work now.  Catch all of you later and have a wonderful day today!    Shelby

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by Littlemite

Hi, Shelby

Thanks for posting to this group, and for your positive outlook. You're right in thinking that our numbers will grow.  The other Floridians just have to take some time away from their busy, busy schedules.  If anyone thinks Floridians spend their time chilling out, they're wrong. You have such a beautiful view where you live.  Madeira Beach is one of my favorite places.   I'm out in your neck of the woods at least twice a week, for work and to see my kids..  I live three miles north of downtown St Pete, several blocks from the Interstate.  I follow Single Travelers not because I'm single but because  I do most of my traveling alone.   Mr. San Diego comes to Tampa twice a year, and said he'd let us know next time so we can meet.  It would be a good chance for those of us who live nearby to get together. 

Judy

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 73

In Response to Florida: Where you live by Niobe

Hi Niobi and Everyone and it's good to be a new member!   Niobi, you and I live within a short distance from each other.  I live in the inland side of Madeira Beach, in a hi-rise condo development on the Intracoastal Waterway and work in Seminole, so we are practically neighbors. 

Every thing you say about our area is true, and I have made really nice friends since living here.  Al said there are five of us now from Florida, and I'm sure that number will be growing soon, as others find his excellent Group. 

Niobi, I do tell people about the AARP Community Discussion Boards, for I've been addicted to it for years, even forming my own Discussion Groups, some of which are quite popular like "Single Travelers" which your a member of.   Niobi, haven't you found when you type out a post your never alone?  It's like we are talking to that person, just like I'm talking to you now!

It will be fun to meet you and others from Florida, as well as those from around our country, and I'm very happy to be a member of this excellent Group!   Have a wonderful week!   Shelby 

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by sus

Welcome to our site, fellow Floridian!  I think most of us are from some place else, and probably came here because of the weather.  At least that's what I'm usually told by those who have moved here.  Even if you didn't move here by choice, it's not a half bad place to find oneself.  Jacksonville does have some pretty beaches, and a lot of natural areas.  What do you do for fun?

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by lambergeron

Hi, and welcome to our site!  Thank you for the thumbs up on St. Pete.  I have been to St Augustine and just loved it, too.  The history is just palpable, and I wish more cities would protect their historic resources like St. Augustine.  It's a beautiful piece of coastline, too, and it's no wonder that the Spanish selected it for a home base.  I heard they have a "killer" ghost tour there, too, which I would really like to take, someday.

Kudos
Views
sus
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 73

I live in NE Florida, currently in Satsuma but I hope to move to Jacksonville Beach by  late summer.

I was born and mostly raised in East Tennessee but lived for almost 30 years in the DC area which still feels like home to me although I've been in Florida over 20 years.

I own rental property in 3 counties here and in SC.

Susann

Kudos
Views