WATCH NOW: Iowa presidential candidate forum from Council Bluffs. Appearing: Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. 

sus
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

RE: Florida: Where you live

Message 31 of 73

We used to go to St Petersburg on spring brak when I was in high school in the 50s. One of my father's favorite cousins and her family  lived there. We'd visit them but stay out on Treasure Island. I loved it--the beach and the city.

Mother's vacation was getting rid of us all for a week!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

HI JOY--- You really aren't that far from me as I live in West Boca close to 441. a mile north of Hillsboro.

Message 32 of 73
In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by joy11691
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by joy11691  Hello to all Floridians. JOY

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by oceanwave616

Thanks for the information on the cheap cruise.  I'll sleep on the top bunk, I don't care.  Port Canaveral isn't that far from St Pete, either.  Key West, to boot.  Wow. 

You know there are those high-speed airboats from Ft Myers to Key West.  I checked out how much - holy samoly. 

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by Niobe

I used to live off Interbay, near MacDill AFB, then we moved to East Tampa. Also lived in Brandon.  I was going to move to Brandon instead of Pensacola, but the cost of living was too high, and it's alot more congested in Brandon/Tampa than here in Pensacola, even though we have the Navy and Air Force in the area.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by Niobe

Your first cruise, I'm sure you'll love it!  I've only been on one cruise to the Bahamas and I was hooked!  There's nothing like being out in the middle of the ocean, and there's always so much to keep you busy onboard ship!

I found a Bahamas cruise that'll set sail from Port Canaveral for 5 nights, from 12/10 to 12/15, going to Key West.  It's only $209, but will probably cost alittle more for regular beds.  The $209 is most likely for bunk beds.  I want to go so bad, just need to find someone to go with me.  But if I don't make the cruise, I'll definitely go to the islands off Ft. Myers.  I'm just anxious to travel somewhere.  Enjoy your cruise.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 73
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by oceanwave616

I don't blame you for staying in Pensacola.  Not only does it hold memories, but it's such a beautiful place!  I love the Panhandle.  I'd have moved there when I came down to Florida except the jobs were down here in Tampa.  Good luck finding friends, especially year-round ones.  I hope you have joined some clubs, so you can meet guys.  I'd go with you on your cruise except I'm going with my daughter as a graduation gift - hopefully I can pull it off.  Things keep breaking at home, and everytime I open my wallet, I think "is it goodbye, cruise?"  But I'm determined.  Sounds like you are, too.

And, welcome to the Florida group!

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 73

In Response to That's good. In the past, I had a couple good cabin-mates who found me that also posted on AARP. by JANMB

Hi  I plan on cruising for the first time soon, and was intrigued by the low prices out of Miami, but when I took in gas and parking to drive from Tampa, I realized Tampa didn't cost more.  Welcome to the Florida group.

I'll try to be more responsive to members from here on out.  Had family issues to work out - we've all been there.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 73

Hi, I'm Oceanwave (Karen) from Pensacola Florida!  I'm originally from Pennsy, but have lived from New Jersey to Texas and everywhere in between and also in Nurenburg Germany.  I have 3 children and 5 grandchildren in Alabama and Indiana, plus 2 sisters in Pennsy and Texas.  I've been retired since 2005, living mostly in Pensacola FL, but several times couldn't make up my mind to live near the family, but now live permanently in Pensacola.  I love it here!  There's always something to do, someplace to go.  Looking to broaden my friendship circle.

I love my beach walks, dancing 3 times a week, movies, etc.  I want to cruise to the Bahama's again, and cruise the  Caribbean next year.  I'd love to find a dance partner, since most are paired up at the dances I attend.  I'd like to find another lady friend that would want to share a cabin on a cruise.  You all enjoy your day.

Kudos
Views