Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

RE: Florida: Where you live

Message 21 of 73

Update to my cruise!  My December Bahamas Cruise was canceled, for a better one!  Going on a 7 day Caribbean Cruise to Montego Bay Jamaica, Grand Cayman Islands, and Cozumel Mexico!  Sailing out of New Orleans LA, Sunday April 29th 2012 and returning Sunday May 6th.  Spending 2 nights in New Orleans during the Jazz Fest!  Sailing with my daughter, we are both excited and anticipating a wonderful time for 7 days and nights!  It'll be my first week long cruise!  Only been on one other cruise to the Bahamas!  I love cruising, being out in the middle of the ocean, I can't wait!  Sailing on the Carnival Conquest!  I will have fun, fun, and more fun!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 73

In Response to HI JOY--- You really aren't that far from me as I live in West Boca close to 441. a mile north of Hi... by JANMB  I know Boca is not too far from me.  I have driven up there.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by Niobe

I was here during 'Charley'. At that time I was married. Charley took our pool cage out an downed my mango tree. I caused more damage to my neighbor and took part of her roof off. Charley caused lots of damage to Punta gorda.

Since my divorce I gave the big house to my ex and bought a small one in the same community. I am a land locked person and no experience of fishing or boating as my ex had an intense distaste for that. In my past time I golf and travel. May be on some trips we can accidentally meet.

Dipak

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by joy11691  Hello from Sunrise.  Where are you? JOY

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by oceanwave616

Thanks for the update.  I hope you can get your time on the ocean, especially with your daughter. 

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by KAKARI

I'll keep you in mind.  How did you fare with Charley, or did you move afterwards?  My ex had relatives staying in Punta Gorda in their RV when Charley hit.  I swear they are charmed. 

Your area is beautiful and I enjoy it very much.  Do you ever go fishing at Charlotte Harbor or Boca Grande?  Some of the very best fishing in the country.  If you do, we should meet up for that sometime.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by sus

Have you been back to TI since your youth?  I'm sure it's changed, radically, because the high rises came in.  But some of the mom and pop places remain, and they are my favorites. 

My mom would stay home from some of our vacations, too, but we went to Omaha at those times.  Not the beach. 

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by joy11691

Backatcha

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by Niobe

Hi Niobe:

I live in South west Florida in a golf community about 15 miles North of Fort. Myers and and similar distance south of Punta Gorda. I have passed your beautiful city several times and I have taken a few cruise from Fort Lauderdale. May be some times by chance we will meet. If you come to Fort myers,Naples area look me up.

Dipak

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by oceanwave616

An update on the 5 night Bahamas Cruise out of Port Canaveral in December.  The $209 rate has been sold out, but still have available rate at $259, with taxes and tips they charge, the total cruise pkg. is $382 which is still pretty good price.  My daughter in Indy is going to try and go if we can pull it all together.  I'm anxious to get out in the middle of the ocean for some fun, fun, fun!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements
Rewards for Good announcement banner
Top Authors