Take a look at aging around the world in 'A New Age,' a special report by AARP and Magnum Photos.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

RE: Florida: Where you live

Message 11 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by Littlemite

Shelby; LUCKY guy. Enjoy

MrSanDiego_AL

AL
In San Diego
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by MrSanDiego

Hi Al,  Like yourself, I really enjoy Carnival.  I've been on seven or eight Carnival Cruises.  In fact my gentleman friend and I are leaving on December 3 to go on a week long cruise on "The Carnival Dream", which I think is their newest ship.  Of course hitting the same ports that I have been to before, but who cares!  Carnival truly is a fun ship!   Shelby

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 73

In Response to Re: Milwaukee WI by theshiksa

Shiksa; I hope you'll find your way to the MAIN ORIGINAL>"WHERE~ARE~YOU~FROM"?<  to sign on then everyone will know your from Milwaukee.

MrSanDiego_AL

AL
In San Diego
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Milwaukee WI

Message 14 of 73

Hi - I;m from Milwaukee, born and raised.  Go PACK! (I'm not a sports fan)

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by elizabethkap

Welcome to our neck of the woods!!!  There are sooooo many places to see and things to do within our area that you'll not be bored.  I live in Madeira Beach between St. Petersburg Beach and Clearwater Beach.  . I have a suggestion:  Buy the Thursday edition of the St. Petersburg Times and look at the Weekend Section for it will list most of the activities within the area!   

If you would like suggestions on where to go for great Restaurants, Entertainment, Consignment Shops, Ballroom Dancing, Piano Bars with dance floors or Karaoke, please  let me know and I'll be happy to fill you in on some bright spots that I know about within in our area!   

Sometime after the holiday's perhaps we can all get together at one of our local restaurants and get to know each other personally.   In fact I was having Dinner at BJ's Grill and Brewery in Pinellas Park and there I saw a whole bunch of young people who got together from Facebook.  The weather is ideal now, and I hope you and all of our members have a lovely weekend!     Shelby

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by Niobe

Niobe --- yes, I really love it here. I will look into joining my neighborhood associated. Thanks for the info!

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by elizabethkap

I've lived here for 27 years, and in retrospect, except for the downtown waterfront it really hasn't changed all that much in all that time. 

I think it's just great that you have decided to hit the streets on a bike.  Are you using the Pinellas Trail?  Be careful if  you are riding south of Central Ave. for the time being.  A fantastic place to ride is the Driftwood area, branching out east to Tropical Shores and north into the Old Southeast along Lassing Park.  You can pedal uninterrupted and it's beautiful.  Beach/Bayshore through downtown and northwards is also a nice ride and connects you to Snell Island with its millionaire mansions. Make sure to stay updated on any festivals being held downtown.  Another nice ride can be found in the Allendale subdivision and its environs, where there are "hills." Other trails and the locations of neighborhoods can be found on the City's website www.stpete.org.  But like I said, until you become more familiar with the city, avoid going south of Central Ave (unless you are heading to USF St Pete along 3rd St S or All Childrens Hospital along 6th St S where you can check out Roser Park which is very hilly.) You will also be safe heading south of Central if you stay west of 66th St.  I would avoid Park St because the road surface can be pretty rough and there are too many speeding cars.

I'm glad you decided to move here. You have found out what a wonderful place it is, obviously.  Most of the city has been divided into neighborhoods, each with its own association (these are not homeowners' associations that impose rules) that advocate for their neighborhood.  Joining one of these is a great way to meet your neighbors and to learn about your neighborhood.  I highly recommend joining your association, if your neighborhood has one.  I joined mine within a year of moving into Harris Park, and have made lifelong best friends.  Very rewarding.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by oceanwave616

Oveanwaves suits you. Put on your Party Hat. I've been on Carnival Fantasy, Victory, Splendor, Legend all fun ships and New Orleans will be a blast. Enjoy.

MrSanDiego_AL

AL
In San Diego
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 73

Hi Niobe - I live in St Pete too and you describe it perfectly.   

I moved here in March and was immediately inspired by all the bicycllist on the trails. 

Sooooo ... I bought myself a used bicycle and now I bike ride more and use my car less. I feel like I'm back in my youth when I used to ride my bike in the streets of NYC.

How long have you lived here?

Elizabeth

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 73

Wow!  Sounds like a dream come true!