Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: RE: Florida: Where you live

Message 1 of 73

Hi, My name is Beatriz, a former teacher retired three times LOL

I am actually colborating with ETS.

I live in Winter Park.  I love reading, watch good movies or shows, going to the movies, making friends.

Answering your question about where to entertain your grandaughter I can tell you tht there are tons of possibilities besides the Disney parks. 

Zoo, parks, lakes etc. 

Regards,

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Florida: Where you live

Message 2 of 73

Hi, my name is Anita and I live in the Space Coast area. I love watching the launches and we have so many activities for Seniors to do. We also have two theaters a wonderful Veterans Memorial Center. I do work part time and I have not been to an AARP meeting here. Maybe I should check it out.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Florida

Message 3 of 73

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: RE: Florida: Where you live

Message 4 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live:

In Response to Florida: Where you live by Niobe

My daughter, 3 year old granddaughter and I are spending 6 days in your area in April.  Any suggestions of places to entertain our little girl? 

Posted by caroleenh

Carolee, what part of Florida? 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Florida: Where you live

Message 5 of 73

Wanted to say hello to everyone, Floridians and all.  I have lived in Florida over 20 years.  I have lived in this area of the panhandle for most of that.  I have traveled all over Florida.  I am a Veteran and was stationed in south Florida and that is where I met my ex wife and where my beautiful daughter was born.  I am a Kansas country boy myself.  That is where my son was born.  One day I will head back north but for now, Florida is where I live.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

RE: Florida: Where you live

Message 6 of 73

My daughter, 3 year old granddaughter and I are spending 6 days in your area in April.  Any suggestions of places to entertain our little girl? 

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by janetflaherty

Janet: I think yuou forgot a step: See Below.

MrSanDiego_AL Group Host

FIRST POST IN MAIN ORIGINAL DISCUSSION >"WHERE~ARE~YOU~FROM?" Example of how to post in the MAIN ORIGINAL Discussion>>>>Hi I'm Al from San Diego, California. Everyone has to post ONE time to introduce themselves to the group before going to a STATE thread to post. Be sure to Post in the "MAIN ORIGINAL DISCUSSION First or the post you do in any state area will be deleted until you do. Please confine your first post to the community you are from and not a broad general comment of "The central part of the state". If your STATE is not listed in any of the pages and you want to start a "STATE" Thread then the states Name must be FIRST along with maybe something about what the State is noted for. One State Thread per state. Duplicates will be deleted. Remember when looking for you state, it could be on another page.

AL
In San Diego
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 73

We live in Palm Bay, Florida.  Have lived here for 12 years.  Moved from Massachusetts where we were born and raised.  We love Florida and will never move back to New England.  We like the fact that the Winters are mild.  No shoveling snow or cleaning off your car before you can go to work.  The only thing we don't like about Florida is the fear of hurricanes.  We have lived through a few here on the East Coast.  And found that our house gets through the hurricanes just fine.  My husband works as a Land Surveyor and enjoys working outside here in Florida.  In Massachusetts he hated working outside in the Winter now that he is over 40.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 73

Hi All, this is my first post here and just wanted to pop in and say, "HI". I don't live in Florida yet, but will in the near future so chose this spot to start out at. It's the move I've been waiting for several years now and soon it will be a reality.

We've travelled most of central Fla., both coasts, and although the ocean is beautiful, the Gulf Coast stole my heart. I love the St. Pete area and it's very close to the city we will probably end up in.

Just wanted to say, "HI" to all of you!

Adopt an older pet. Help them remember what it feels like to be loved.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by MrSanDiego

Hi all this is the original FL group. just one please.

Thanks

MrSanDiego_AL Group Admin.

AL
In San Diego
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users