Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

That's good. In the past, I had a couple good cabin-mates who found me that also posted on AARP.

Message 41 of 73
In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by MrSanDiego
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

RE: Florida: Where you live

Message 42 of 73

In Response to Only two people here from Florida so far & no one from S. E. FLA. but it can happen. Anyone like to ... by JANMB

Jan; I see you made it to the Florida Thread ie@(Discussion)I've cruised out of FTL also CC and Tampa.  Their are 25other Floridians in the and also a few from the old "The Roster" Where Are You From that have not signed on here yet.

MrSanDiego_AL

AL
In San Diego
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Only two people here from Florida so far & no one from S. E. FLA. but it can happen. Anyone like to cruise from Ft Laud--- I take a few every year.

Message 43 of 73
In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by Littlemite
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 73

Hi, Shelby

I apologize that I haven't been able to make it to Toastmasters, but I do plan on it.  I've been putting in 10 hour days. I didn't get home until 7 pm last night. Hopefully I'll have the usual schedule next week. I really do look forward to meeting you.

Judy

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by Niobe

Hi Judy, 

You told me that you were having minor surgery on Friday, how did it go and how are you feeling?   It's a beautiful weekend  weekend, and it would be a shame if you had to spend it in bed, but sometimes that has to be our priority!   Take care and talk to you soon!  Shelby

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by Niobe

HI Judy,

Terrific!!!  I hope your surgery goes well, and I received my new work schedule.  I'm delighted to say, that will be there every Monday evening this month!   Just be prepared, you will be in for a hug when I meet you!    Shelby

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 73

I, too, am an insomniac more often than not.  I empathize.  I will try to make it on Monday.  I am having some minor surgery on Friday, no big deal, and I don't expect any problems.  But if I'm not there on Monday, you'll know why.  I'll certainly make it to the next one.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by Niobe'

Hi Judy, 

I'm soooo glad you like the website.   I'll be getting my new schedule at work within the next few days, and I'll let you know if I'll be at Toastmasters on Monday Evening.  It's just that we had one employee quit.  Of course I'm still hoping to, so I'm crossing my fingers and let you know!    

Have a good day today, and I'm going to sleep for  it's now 2:12 am, and last night it was 4:00 am, so now you know I'm an insomniac!   Shelby

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 73

You certainly get around!  Thanks for all the 'leads" for a good time.  No, I have never been to the Strawberry Festival, either.  But what I like about Plant City are the horses, the horse shows, and polo matches.  Haven't been to one in a while.  (I'm a horse lover.)  My partner has developed health problems over the 13 years we've been together, so he cannot dance or drink.  So, I have that type of fun away from home with my female friends. I just roll with the punches.  I am interested in Toastmasters, not only for myself, but for my shy daughter who could really use some confidence before she graduates at the end of the year.  Kudos for the website, Shelby!

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by MrSanDiego

Hi Al, 

Hoping your having a lovely day today and not getting into trouble with some of the super-sales.  You might want to visit some of the hyperlinks within my last few posts and you too will be impressed with some of the venues within our area, or close to it.   Actually they should hire me for a (paid position) to be on the Florida Chamber of Commerce because I do love my State.   My only volunteer work takes place at Bay Pines VA Medical Center which is a marvelous  facility for Veteran Care!    http://www.baypines.va.gov/   Shelby

Kudos
Views