Take 25 percent off the cost of the award-winning AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code ‘BHM’ for savings.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

RE: Florida: Where you live

Message 51 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by sus

Hi Sus, 

Treasure Island is great and has probably come alive even more since you last visited.  I'm not in love with Ormond Beach, as I don't feel the beaches there are beautiful like St. Petersburg Beach, Treasure Island, or Clearwater Beach, as on this coast we get the gorgeous sunsets over the Gulf of Mexico.  Here are websites for the city of Treasure Island, St. Petersburg Beach and Clearwater Beach.  Enjoy the visual cyber-visit, and have a wonderful day today!   Shelby

http://www.treasureislandflorida.org/

http://www.stpetebeach.com/

http://www.clearwaterbeach.com/

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by Niobe

Hi Judy, 

Have you or anyone else here ever visited "THE RED ROSE INN & SUITES in Plant City?   It's only around 45 minutes from where you live, and is off of I-4.   I learned about it while watching "The Lifetime Movie Network" where they advertise frequently. So my Gentleman friend and I thought we would try it and we were delighted.   

The first time we visited we saw "The Legends of the Temptations in their beautiful ballroom.  In fact you might want to check out their schedule as they  specialize in 50's and 60's music.   

They have their big shows in their main Ballroom, where they have a house band, which alternate with their specialty acts in their  ballroom.  Then they also have excellent entertainment in their lovely lounge area.  You might want to check out their Website, and check out their schedule.   http://www.redroseinnandsuites.com/

I also heard that in Plant City itself there are wonderful antique shops.  We'll do that the next time we visit, because we have been back to their lounge on the way back from Orlando.  I've never been to the Strawberry Festival which is held in Plant City too.  Have you been to it?  I just felt like that would be too crowded!  Here is a write-up on the Hotel and the couple who own it.  http://www.redroseinnandsuites.com/fridayextra.htm

Then if you're into Ballroom Dancing there is also Suncoast Ballroom. www.suncoastballroom.com     Then too if you are interested in "Toastmasters International" let me know that too, as their are clubs throughout the area, and I've been a member of one of these clubs for many years now and designed this website for our club.  http://home.earthlink.net/~speakeasytoastmaster/   Shelby

Kudos
Views
sus
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by Littlemite

I met a lady from Ormond Beach and thought that would be a good place to live. With all my property here I had better stop thinking of such things!

When I went to Florida as a kid we always ended up in your area.  My father had a cousin and aunt & uncle in St. Pete. We'd rent a cottage on Treasure Island. I think I've only been to the west coast of Florida twice since my brother bought there around 4 years ago.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 73

If you visit your brother, give us a shout.  I'm sure there will be others from your neck of the woods in our group; it takes time.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by Littlemite

Hope your holiday is good, too.  You sound just like me - I get excited over hills and mountains, too.  Another place where they have hills is in the Panhandle.  They even have little waterfalls, which I remember from Niceville. I have not been to the piano bars that you mentioned.  They sound like a lot of fun, especially since so many people know each other. 

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 73

HI Sus,

I hope your having a very nice holiday weekend.    I'm sorry that I don't live closer to you.  I have visited Jacksonville and couldn't get over the fact that I saw hills there.  I get rather excited when I see a hill, and when I see mountains like in North Carolina I'm ecstatic.

So what's a lady who loves mountains doing living in the coastal regions?  I guess each area has something different to offer.   By the way I did live in Ormond Beach for awhile. 

Now Bradenton is not far, only around 40 minutes from where I live, and maybe after you hear all that's happening here you'd consider moving, but that's wishful thinking of course!    Shelby

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 73

Hi Judy, 

Happy Memorial Day, and I hope you're enjoying this lovely weekend.  Do you go to any piano bars in Indian Rocks Shores?  If so I have probably seen you there.  I also go to one on Island Estates near Clearwater Beach!   Sound familiar?   Shelby

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 73

In Response to RE: Florida: Where you live by MrSanDiego

Hi Al,

It was a pleasure to speak to you on the telephone yesterday, and I hope you are enjoying this wonderful holiday weekend. 

I enjoy piano bars too, and I go to one in Indian Rocks Shores, and another  Piano Bar near Clearwater Beach.  They both have dance floors.   There, our all year round regulars meet and there are plenty of hugs to go around. 

Then in our tourist season I am always soooo glad to see so many tourists who return year after year, and the whole area comes alive!    Shelby

Kudos
Views
sus
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 73

It seems everyone else hear is in the southwest part of the state. I have a brother in Bradenton whom I haven't seen in more than a year! . I probably won't see him until we all get together in Tennessee ths summer.

Is anyone else in North East Florida? Jax, St Augustine or Daytona area?

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 73

I like Piano Bars (ha) I hope I get to see One when I come down. Good place to do a Meet & Greet.

MrSD

AL
In San Diego
Kudos
Views