Contributor

Empty nest soon

Hi everyone! I'm a divorced woman whose youngest son will be graduating from high school in two years. I'd like to move out of CA (maybe North Carolina or upstate NY) and purchase a small house but I'm a bit nervous. Most of my family lives in the NYC area and many of my friends live in CA. Any advice in moving as a single person to a new area?  How does one make friends?  I guess I'm worried about being lonely.  My job can be taken with me; I'll be working virtually but... the rest of it is a big question mark.  d.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Social Butterfly

Hi @d966013h it would help if you know someone in your new location. Maybe reach out in Facebook. This way you can maybe get a feel for what is ahead of you. Hmmm, depending on your age - find activities you have an interest in. There you will run into like minded folks. Let us know how your relocation goes. Good luck 😁

Angela

View solution in original post

Social Butterfly

Hi @d966013h it would help if you know someone in your new location. Maybe reach out in Facebook. This way you can maybe get a feel for what is ahead of you. Hmmm, depending on your age - find activities you have an interest in. There you will run into like minded folks. Let us know how your relocation goes. Good luck 😁

Angela

View solution in original post

Contributor

That's a good idea!  I didn't think about FB. Thanks-- d.

Social Butterfly

@d966013h wrote:

That's a good idea!  I didn't think about FB. Thanks-- d.

💥 You are welcome @d966013h 😁 Angela 💥

Angela
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Join The Girlfriend and AARP® Staying Sharp® for a special live Facebook event on June 17th at 7:30 p.m. ET! Therapist Rachel Noble will discuss tips to create well-being and joy as we emerge from the pandemic.

Members Can Save More When They Travel

Save when booking a flight & hotel package. Join AARP today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health