Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Empty nest soon

Hi everyone! I'm a divorced woman whose youngest son will be graduating from high school in two years. I'd like to move out of CA (maybe North Carolina or upstate NY) and purchase a small house but I'm a bit nervous. Most of my family lives in the NYC area and many of my friends live in CA. Any advice in moving as a single person to a new area?  How does one make friends?  I guess I'm worried about being lonely.  My job can be taken with me; I'll be working virtually but... the rest of it is a big question mark.  d.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @d966013h it would help if you know someone in your new location. Maybe reach out in Facebook. This way you can maybe get a feel for what is ahead of you. Hmmm, depending on your age - find activities you have an interest in. There you will run into like minded folks. Let us know how your relocation goes. Good luck 😁

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @d966013h it would help if you know someone in your new location. Maybe reach out in Facebook. This way you can maybe get a feel for what is ahead of you. Hmmm, depending on your age - find activities you have an interest in. There you will run into like minded folks. Let us know how your relocation goes. Good luck 😁

Periodic Contributor

That's a good idea!  I didn't think about FB. Thanks-- d.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@d966013h wrote:

That's a good idea!  I didn't think about FB. Thanks-- d.

💥 You are welcome @d966013h 😁 Angela 💥

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP