Tell Congress to stop Rx greed and cut prescription drug prices now! Here’s how.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Early Renewal Notices

Message 1 of 3

I just received my 3rd early renewal request, and I am good until the end of the year (Dec/ Jan). I have been asking AARP for years not to send early renewal requests, and to use the huge amount of money they are spending (if they are sending these to all members), on benefits or beneficial AARP programs, but to no avail. AARP needs to be a better manager of moneys, or maybe we should just not renew. My wife and I are not getting that many benefits anyway. AARP - "Come On Man!!!"

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Early Renewal Notices

Message 2 of 3

Months?  I paid for 5 years in 2016 and have been getting join/renewal notices every few months since I joined.  Received another one today, still 3+ years before it would be due.  The notices are worded in a way that makes it look like prompt response is necessary, but the fine print does indicate that it's actually an advertisement and not addressed to a specific individual, which seems at best a little shady.  The questionable ethics of this practice is making me consider not renewing ever.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Early Renewal Notices

Message 3 of 3

It seems to me that since the AARP is always asking for money that they could save a lot of money buy not sending out renewal notices 5 months ahead of your experation date, that includes 2 membership cards that are useless even if you do renew at that time because they have no experation date and you are going to send another card when you do renew. Personely I am not going to renew until the month it expires. I know it's only $16.00, but with my only income being social securty, that is $16.00 that I can use over the next 5 months. These early notices just seems like a waste of money to me.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements
Rewards for Good announcement banner with end date
Top Authors