From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Dementia

Message 1 of 2

Would your husband go to the doctor for some other reason, like a wellness check or something else routine? Do you have a relationship with his doctor, where you could confide your concerns, and arrange for your husband to see the doctor for that other reason .. but in reality so the doctor can evaluate him?

My elderly aunt lived with me, and began exhibiting signs, but she too would have denied anything that sounded dementia-related. One of the symptoms was her "time confusion", where she'd get up in the middle of the night, insisting it was time to get up & start the day. She realized she was having trouble sleeping, so that became the "hook" I used to get her to the doctor, to whom I spoke ahead of time. After talking to my aunt, she agreed that it was dementia & prescribed something for it .. telling my aunt it would "help her sleep" .. so she didn't get upset & was happy to take the pill daily.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Dementia

Message 2 of 2

I believe my husband has dementia. He doesn’t agree and will not go to doctor to get an assessment.  He asks about our dog 10+ times a day.  Forgets where everyday dishes are in kitchen.  Is paranoid about many different things, people/family taking things from him, people following him in the car... Becomes angry when I’m not in agreement with him. He cancelled Dr. appt I made him.  Donna G

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors