- AARP Online Community
- Ideas, Tips & Answers
- Home & Family
- Work & Jobs
- ITA Archive
- Health Forums
- Brain Health
- Conditions & Treatments
- Healthy Living
- Medicare & Insurance
- Retirement Forum
- Social Security
- Retirement Archive
- Money Forums
- Budget & Savings
- Invest, Diversify, Integrate Your Financial Life
- Scams & Fraud
- Travel Forums
- Solo Travel
- Home & Family Forums
- Comunidad Hispana de AARP
- Dogs, Cats and Pets
- Friends & Family
- Introduce Yourself
- Late Life Divorce
- Love, Sex & Dating
- Our Front Porch
- Random Thoughts and Conversations
- Singles Perspective Revisited
- The Girlfriend
- Home & Family Archive
- Politics & Society Forums
- Politics, Current Events
- Technology Forums
- Computer Questions & Tips
- About Our Community
- Rewards for Good
- AARP Rewards for Good archive
- Entertainment Forums
- Rock N' Roll
- TV Talk
- Let's Play Bingo!
- Leisure & Lifestyle
- Writing & Books
- Entertainment Archive
- Caregiving Forums
- Grief & Loss
- Work & Jobs
- Work & Jobs
- AARP Help
- Benefits & Discounts
- General Help
- AARP Rewards
- AARP Rewards
- AARP Rewards Tips
Re: Daily Deals
Daily Deals, specifically Gift Cards, are one of the most popular ways for participants to use their rewards points, causing the deals to sell out very quickly.
We take customer feedback seriously and appreciate your question. Please contact our Customer Care team for additional questions about the program at 1-866-451-6305 Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET, and on Saturday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. ET.
Re: Daily Deals
I was logged in when accessing the link and was presented with FAQ options, one of which was How the Daily Deal worked. I did not provide me with any more information that I already knew. I am not interested in the Auctions, just the Daily Deal. Thank you for taking the time to attempt to assist, but I am looking for insight and assistance on the Daily Deal.
Re: Daily Deals
The link CAT0W provided is if you are logged into the Rewards for Good site. You will need to log into that site to get the link. Also, there are several users who have posted here that they have won quite a few items. I have copied and pasted the help information regarding the auctions specifically, which hopefully will help answer your questions. These are extremely popular and a lot of users are bidding for the same items.
Here is the information on how the auctions work:
The type of auction available to participants ("Bidders") through this Program involve solely Points, and the winning Bidder will be the person with the highest bid at the time of the auction close in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth below. The following terms and conditions apply.
1. By participating in auctions on this site, Bidder agrees to abide by these terms and conditions. Bidder must be located in the United States.
2. All terms and conditions applicable to the Program in general are incorporated herein.
3. In order to make the auctions accessible to all Bidders, unless otherwise indicated, Bidder can only bid the next increment as shown for each auction item ("Auction Item"). Bidders will not be permitted to select their own bid amount. Program Manager shall determine the increments for bids in its sole discretion.
4. By clicking on "Place Bid", Bidder agrees that the Points required for that bid will be deducted from Bidder's account. In the event that another person places a bid exceeding Bidder's bid, the Points associated with Bidder's unsuccessful bid will be returned to Bidder's account. Program Manager will not be responsible for any delays in the return of Points to Bidder's account.
5. Bidder must have sufficient Points in Bidder's account to place a successful bid. Once a bid is placed, Bidder cannot cancel the bid.
6. Auctions will end at the specified time except where indicated. For some auctions, called "auto-extend auctions", a new high bid will extend an auction beyond the scheduled auction close date and time. Auto-extend auctions will end at the scheduled time if no bids have been placed within a predetermined amount of time (such as the final 10 seconds before the scheduled end time), in which case the timer will be reset to the predetermined amount of time and the auction will end whenever the predetermined amount of time has passed without a new bid. Program Manager shall determine the incremental time extensions for auctions, where applicable, in its sole discretion. The website will identify auto-extend auctions as well as the predetermined amount of time within which a bid will extend the end of the auction.
7. The winning Bidder will be the Bidder who has an accepted bid of the largest amount of Points at the time the auction closes. The site may not indicate the final bid when the clock shows no time remaining, as there may be a slight delay relative to final bids placed before the auction closed can be displayed. The last bidder is determined according to the records in Program Manager's database. Program Manager's determination of the last bidder shall be final. All winning bids are subject to confirmation and final review by Program Manager.
8. After an auction has ended, the winning Bidder must click on the "Claim Now" button. A winning Bidder may only claim one Auction Item at a time (so if Bidder wins more than one auction, Bidder must complete the checkout separately for each item won). Program Manager reserves the right to require documentation/authentication and/or an agreement before relinquishing the Auction Item.
9. If the winning Bidder fails to claim the Auction Item within 30 days of the conclusion of the auction, Program Manager reserves the right to withdraw the offer to conclude a contract. If Program Manager withdraws the offer, the winner's right to pay for and receive delivery of an item will be permanently revoked. In this instance, the winning Bidder's final Points bid placed in that auction is non-refundable.
10. Publicity. As a condition of participating in these auctions, Bidder agrees that Program Manager reserves the right to publish the name, region address and photograph of any winning Bidders. Such information may be used in a press release distributed to the media, or in television, radio, direct mail or internet advertisements. In addition, Program Manager reserves the right to publish on the website limited information regarding Bidders showing the leading Bidder and similar information.
11. Program Manager reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to limit the number of auctions for which a Member may be the winning Bidder per calendar month. Subject to further limitations, no Member may be the winning Bidder more than three (3) times in any one calendar month, and no household or address may have the winning Bidder more than nine (9) times in any calendar month (subject further to individual Member cap). Any high bids beyond the allowed amount will be invalidated. In the event that the Program Manager in its sole discretion determines that a Member is using multiple accounts to participate in auctions or otherwise engaging in suspicious activity, Program Manager reserves the right to invalidate any auction bids or high bids from such Member.
12. Unless otherwise stated, delivery will be made directly from Program Manager's suppliers or from its warehouse to the address provided by the user. Deliveries are made solely within the 50 states of the United States (explicitly excluding the U.S. sovereign territories of Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) Delivery times vary and any delivery time indicated is provided only as a guide and is not guaranteed. Program Manager shall be entitled to engage third parties to fulfill the Auction Items without being required to notify the buyer. Obvious damage to the item or packaging during transport shall be reported to Program Manager by the winner upon taking delivery.
13. Should Program Manager be unable to deliver the item ordered, Program Manager shall promptly notify Bidder if it can deliver a comparable substitute product that has the same or better features. Bidder shall then promptly notify Program Manager if Bidder wishes to receive this substitute or prefers to receive a refund of the winning bid amount.
14. No exchanges or refunds are allowed for Auction Items. In the case of receipt of damaged or defective merchandise, Bidder should call Program Manager's customer service Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 6:30pm Eastern Time and Saturday from 10:00am to 3:00pm Eastern Time, immediately upon receipt of the Auction Item.
15. Program Manager reserves the right in its sole discretion to disallow any bids at any time, including at the conclusion of an auction, if Program Manager suspects an improper bid or a violation of Program terms and conditions.
16. Neither Program Manager nor AARP, nor their affiliates, officers, employees, contractors or agents shall be responsible or liable in any following way: (a) any failure of any Auction Item, the auction site, the ability to bid on any Auction Item, or any computer system, internet or internet service provider in any way, (b) any system overload, service interruption, system disruption or delay or other technical issue, or (c) the failure to receive Bidder's bid in a timely fashion due to any reason. Bidder's sole and exclusive remedy with respect to any claim whatsoever with respect to an auction, participation in any auction and/or any Auction Item shall be a refund of the amount of Points used for the winning bid, if applicable.
17. In consideration of Bidder's being allowed to participate in auctions, Bidder agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Program Manager and its affiliates, officers, employees, contractors and agents with respect to any matters relating to or arising out of Bidder's participation in the auctions.
18. Program Manager is not responsible for any actions taken by individuals with access to Bidder's account.
19. Applicable local, state or federal sales, use, income or other taxes with respect to any Auction Items won by Bidder shall be the responsibility solely of Bidder.
20. The Auction platform is provided on an "as is" basis. Program Manager and AARP disclaim any and all representations and warranties, express or implied, with respect to any information, services and commercial offerings, including without limitation any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement, and/or accuracy of information provided. Neither Program Manager nor AARP shall be responsible for any information incorrectly supplied or omitted or for typographical errors. Program Manager and AARP further disclaim any warranties that the Auction platform will be free from computer viruses or without technical glitches, including without limitation any failure of performance, interruption, delay or defect.
21. Program Manager and AARP do not warrant that the Auction platform will be uninterrupted or error free, nor do they make any warranty with respect to the results obtained from participating in the use of the Auction platform, or as to the accuracy, reliability or content of any information, service or offerings provided through the Auction platform.
22. Program Manager reserves the right to suspend or discontinue the eligibility of any Bidder whom Program Manager believes has participated in Auctions in a manner inconsistent with these terms and conditions, has engaged in misuse or abuse with respect to auctions, or has violated any local, state, federal or international laws or regulations. Program Manager reserves the right to take additional actions as Program Manager deems appropriate.
23. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. The terms and conditions set forth herein shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida, without regard to its principles of conflict of laws. Bidder may be subject to the laws of the jurisdiction from which Bidder accesses the auction platform.
Re: Daily Deals
Look at this and see if it helps. Scroll down to, What is the Daily Deal and how can I purchase it? http://rewards.aarp.org/gateway?t=help
What is the secret trick to purchase a Daily Deal? I have made several attempts to access the Daily Deal exactly at 15:00 hours and each and every time, I receive a message that all deals are currently in member's carts and no more are available. One and only one time I was able to successfully select a Daily Deal and it was placed in my cart, but I was not able to check out. The website continually requested that I log in, in order to check out and I was already logged in and unable to check out. Very interested in hearing other member's experiences and any tips on how to successfully complete a transaction. Thank you!