Make Your Weekends Even Longer. Add an Extra Day With Easy and Affordable Ideas From AARP Travel. Let's Go

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Crime Victim

Message 1 of 2

shortshortz wrote:

Shortly after I turned 60 last year I was the victim of a car jacking. Although they got the people who did it. It has been a terrible experience,  both emotionally and financially. The courts continue to delay the legal processes and I would like to have it all permantly behind me. Does anyone have any advice? Or know of any resources I should look into? 

I am so sorry that you have gone through this.  I can't even imagine.  Smiley Sad   Many jurisdictions have victim assistance units that help with this type of thing.  They are usually part of the local court system.  Could you as the prosecutor if they have those types of resources? 

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Info Seeker

Crime Victim

Message 2 of 2

Shortly after I turned 60 last year I was the victim of a car jacking. Although they got the people who did it. It has been a terrible experience,  both emotionally and financially. The courts continue to delay the legal processes and I would like to have it all permantly behind me. Does anyone have any advice? Or know of any resources I should look into? 

Report Inappropriate Content