WATCH VIDEO: Friday's Iowa presidential candidate forum. Appearing are Beto O'Rourke, Elizabeth Warren, Marianne Williamson and Andrew Yang.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Careers: Looking to Network

Message 1 of 4

Hello Geraldine:

Thank you for your response. I've already tried contacting meetup.com (and other networking) groups, but so far that avenue hasn't been viable. I was hoping to connect with other IT professionals (who happen to be closer to my age  Smiley Happy ), to discuss their experiences, and maybe put our heads together to come up with mutual career solutions.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

Thank you.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

Hi! AndreS989723 

I hope you are well.  I recommend you check out Meetup.com and search for "coding" or "software development" and you should find some local groups that you could join for networking purposes. 

I hope this helps

Take care

Geri 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Careers: Looking to Network

Message 4 of 4

Greetings!

I've just recently joined, and I'm looking to connect with other people over 50 in the tech industry. I've worked in IT (mostly help desk support) for over 20 years and I'm trying to make a move into software development (coding has always been my first "love"). I've been spending a lot of time reviewing C# and C++, but because my resume is "light" on the coding jobs, it's been difficult getting my foot in the door. I'm hoping to connect with other industry professionals so that I might be able to find just the right niche for my skills.

Kudos
Views
Replies