Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Calling all NEWBIES. ... Let's introduce our selves! Use this thread.

Message 51 of 263

Greetings from Pete in Louisiana.

Let me state that I DO NOT discuss RELIGION or POLITICS, period. The U.S. Navy taught me that many, many years ago, because those two subjects only result in FIGHTING. Anything else that you wish to discuss is fine, as long as I have an interest in and a knowledge of the discussion subject.

I hope to retire sometime in 2018. I just hope that I can afford it.

Regards,

'Pete' Madere

A. S. Madere
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 263

@Rainbowhope  Hello! (waves) Good to hear from you again, Rainbowhope. I was thinking about you the other day, hoping things were well with you. 🙂 Happiest of New Years to you. Heart

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 263

God's Rainbows to you all !!

Happy New Year!

I now have a new volunteer job at our Congregational Church.

I help keep the pew pockets clean!

This is a great job for exercising.

It's kind of a warm-up before I go to the YMCA.

Happy days ahead!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 263

@richardsonchristine wrote:
I'll be back later for a longer conversation. Love your post.

Hi @richardsonchristine! Welcome to the online community. Looking forward to your posts!

Hello!-designstyle-hello-m.png

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 263
I'll be back later for a longer conversation. Love your post.
Christine Richardson
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 263

@klmajor wrote:

Hello!

My name is Kathy and I've been "retired" from Dog Walking and Pet Sitting for five years now. My husband will still be working for another six years. We have been married for 34 years and have a grown son. No grands. I took leave of the best (paying) job in the world to help my mom as she aged and ultimately passed away. Then we started construction work on our house and with two senior dogs, I have been holding down the fort and making sure they are comfortable around all the noise and new goings on. I love my pups but am looking forward to getting out in the world again! We both love being outdoors for gardening, hiking, camping, etc. That being the case, we are advocats for a healthy and vibrant earth. We are very politically inclined and follow events closely. 

AARP seems to be right up our alley 😄

Hi there!Hi there!

Hi @klmajor Kathy and welcome to the online community.

Sounds like you are in the right place, all right. Enjoy!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 263

Hello!

My name is Kathy and I've been "retired" from Dog Walking and Pet Sitting for five years now. My husband will still be working for another six years. We have been married for 34 years and have a grown son. No grands. I took leave of the best (paying) job in the world to help my mom as she aged and ultimately passed away. Then we started construction work on our house and with two senior dogs, I have been holding down the fort and making sure they are comfortable around all the noise and new goings on. I love my pups but am looking forward to getting out in the world again! We both love being outdoors for gardening, hiking, camping, etc. That being the case, we are advocats for a healthy and vibrant earth. We are very politically inclined and follow events closely. 

AARP seems to be right up our alley 😄

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Re: Just renewed today after a few years' hiatus

Message 58 of 263
Hi My name is Dawn from Iowa
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 263

@waves45jl wrote:

HI, Recently retired last March. I have 5 grandchildren. 3 on the East Coast and 2 in Arizonia. We have 2 Shih Tzu dogs that are 13 and 15 years old. Would like to travel to the National Parks here and there.

Summer was not too exciting as I broke my ankle and am just starting to be able to walk with a cane. Hope to get out of this walking boot next Friday. Fingers crossed my surgeon says okay.

Julia

Hi @waves45jl Julia and welcome to the online community! I join you in your hope that your walking boot is removed next Friday! 🙂  Maybe you'll be able to travel to a national park or two this winter?

hello_cloud.png

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 263

HI, Recently retired last March. I have 5 grandchildren. 3 on the East Coast and 2 in Arizonia. We have 2 Shih Tzu dogs that are 13 and 15 years old. Would like to travel to the National Parks here and there.

Summer was not too exciting as I broke my ankle and am just starting to be able to walk with a cane. Hope to get out of this walking boot next Friday. Fingers crossed my surgeon says okay.

Julia

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

When responding to other users’ posts for penpals, dating, or for other communication, please do not post your personal information (email, address, phone number) in the forum.