Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Calling all NEWBIES. ... Let's introduce our selves! Use this thread.

Message 41 of 236

newpics.JPGHi, my name is Carolyn.  It's great to connect with all of you.  Looking forward to learning the many things this community has to offer.  I am a licensed realtor on Long Island, NY. 

Carolyn A. Best
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 236

Ahoy. My wife and I live in the little Central Oregon Coastal town of Lincoln City, OR.

We both grew up in big cities, but really enjoy the small town here.  She is a Blackfoor Indian, and I am a pirate... descended from Pirates.  I had a promise of getting my own ship once, but, typically, the promise was reniged. Thanks for taking an interest. Jack. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 236
Hi This is Mary.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 236

Ahoy Jack! ⚓️

I 🌹 am originally from the Cocoa Beach 🌊🏝 , FL and Cape Canaveral 🚀🛰, FL area. I 🌹 live in the big city 🌃 of Tampa 🎭🎨🎫, FL now.

You?

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 236
What part of the country do you live in? That might help, especially if you might, oneway, want to actually meet people, and make "real" friends. Smiley Wink
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 236

Hi 👋 Newbie! ☺️

I'm 🌹 a newbie too! Your introduction caught my eye because I am a history buff also. My grandfather 👴 peaked my interest in history when I was young. His interest was in the Civil War because he was born in the south. I was born in the Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral, Florida area. I live in Tampa, Florida now. 

I am a 59 year old single young lady. 😉 When I was attending college my history professor 👨‍🏫 recommended that I become a history professor because I always aced his tests. I wish I had followed his advice, but my interests at the time took me in another direction. I obtained my Bachelors degree in Gerontology and am one semester away from my Masters degree in Public Health. I am currently using my Gerontology training for volunteer opportunities in my church.

I consider myself to be retired also, but I have been on Social Security Disability for the past three years. I would enjoy 😊 learning more about you.

Have a blessed day! 🙏🏻☀️

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 236

Dearm99255j,

Try looking under the various community topics. This is a great way to.share  your thoughts and remember the past. Follow EPSTER posts for Any help you need with the REWARDS POINTS program. EPSTER has spent time to clearly  help everyone navigate through the rewards points program.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 236
Hi! I'm a newbie. 😂 I'm trying to figure things out here. It seems simple so far... Any rooms you suggest I start with? I'm 54, single lady, recently retired who would love to meet people, interesting conversation, love to learn new things and especially enjoy people and history.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 236

I'm responding to the latest post, which popped up in my Email. It from from an IT developer/ programmer in state of LA. Sounds to me more like a "help wanted" ad, or "I can do this stuff" ad... not much like a "Hi, I'm so'n'so, let's do lunch" kind of thing. Isn't there another Topic Thread for that sort of thing??? (Rhetorical  Smiley Tongue  )

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 236

Antoine S. Madere

IT Applications Programmer

01/2008 - 08/2017 -- State of Louisiana, Division of Admin., BATON ROUGE, LA

Perform computer program and job development, modification, conversion (Cobol to Natural), and documentation. In various IT areas, test new or modified program functions and install into production. Work with software users about application requirements, objectives, functions, features, input, and output needs. Analyze, define, and document computer software requirements for job flow, hardware and operating system environments, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks/controls, and output data and reports. Test developed applications to find errors and confirm that installed applications meet required user specifications. Write and maintain support documentation to describe application logic, testing, changes, and corrections. Provide any needed technical assistance and respond to user inquiries about errors, problems, or questions concerning installed application software. Work with IT staff, users, and applications to solve problems with existing computer software. Install and monitor applications and performance after implementation.

Library Technician

06/2005 - 01/2010 -- River Center Library, BATON ROUGE, LA

Assist with the library tasks of acquisition, circulation, and referencing. Perform any required clerical duties. Work at the circulation and reference desk, answer phones, and research patron reference questions. Charge and discharge books, collect fines, register new patrons, and renew library items. Assist all patrons in the proper use of the library and its functions. File and process library items using the proper catalogue procedures. Assist patrons in the selection and location of books, card catalog, and other library items. Compile monthly library usage by patrons and keep track of daily attendance statistics.

Workforce Development Officer

01/2005 - 04/2005 -- Louisiana Dept. of Labor, BATON ROUGE, LA

Review veteran data records and job placement inquiries maintained in the Louisiana LAVOS employment system. Organize and update veteran record data as needed. Document LAVOS cases according to actions taken. Report case actions to superiors and maintain the confidentiality of all veteran record data.

Computer Programmer Analyst

02/2001 - 07/2004 -- Union National Life Insurance Co., BATON ROUGE, LA

Perform computer program and job development, modification, conversion, and documentation. Test new or modified program and job functions. Install computer software code into production. Areas of responsibility were insurance payments, loan records, payroll, and agent performance bonuses.

Antoine S. Madere
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season