Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!

Gold Conversationalist

Re: Calling all NEWBIES. ... Let's introduce our selves! Use this thread.

Message 151 of 220

Have leathers will travel! Nice bike!

Report Inappropriate Content
Gold Conversationalist

Message 152 of 220

Hi Paula - welcome! I live next door in Arkansas and have passed through many times on the way to NC! This site is a little tricky, enjoy the games and points-but I can pretty much tell you that if you bid on something an AARP employee will beat you to it! So, see when it ends and bid on it 3 seconds before it expires! Still may not work! As you will find on the blog, none of us ever wins. Susan 

Gold Conversationalist

Message 153 of 220

Dave. Currently in Austin. Can't wait to leave. Adventurer of sorts, road trip junkie, professional slacker, a wu wei kinda guy. I'll be "retiring" early (62 & 2 months) the end of 2018, and haven't the foggiest as to what I'll do next. Don't care. I don't do politics and I don't do religion. I *do* collect old coffee pots, vintage razors, and coins (all of which have gone to my three grandsons). And, no, I'm not married. I'm a veteran, ex-cop, former ditch-digger & welder, and used to do a bit of gunsmithing...jack of all trades, master of none. I've done a lot & seen a lot. Got lots more to see & do before my time on this rock is up.

On the Llano Estacado, border of Texas-New MexicoOn the Llano Estacado, border of Texas-New Mexico

Info Seeker

Message 154 of 220

My name is Paula. Am in Tennessee. Just joined tonight. 

Paula
Info Seeker

Message 155 of 220

We go to the Outer Banks every Sept (rental rates are cheaper and the weather is still gorgoeus. Hope to meet some folks who post on this site this year. Just joined AARP.

Info Seeker

Message 156 of 220

Hi, I'm Harsha. I live in Southern Maryland . Recently retired after 30 years of service with te Fedaral Government and 5 years with private industry. Joined AARP last year. Looking forward to exploring the various opp. that AARP has to offer.   

Gold Conversationalist

Message 157 of 220

Born in Pittsfield! Grew up in Cali, now live in Arkansas. Went to Lenox High School and lasted 3 months (I was 17)! Welcome to the confusing site!

Gold Conversationalist

Message 158 of 220

Rock and Roll and concerts are my all-time favorite things to do! 4 in the past year and Metallica this month. Only problem, I only have my family to go with because we have to drive to Tulsa, Kansas City, St Louis or Texas. I don't have GPS and I can't read a map and Drive! I have been to well over 325 concerts in my life, of course theatre also. Heck, I even took my grandmother to see Liberace - now that was an experience for the books! I believe Iron Maiden has the best overall tour plans: lead singer is a pilot, they own the plane and lots of family involved. That was the concert I chose to take my 14 year-old grandson to as his first. His parents took him to see Korn and I probably shouldn't have turned down that free ticket offer - nothing like a real man in a kilt!

Gold Conversationalist

Message 159 of 220

11 or more generations from NC - go to the Outer Banks, it's a must!!!

Gold Conversationalist

Message 160 of 220

I lived in San Diego 23 years and miss it so much - so much to do and see! Lots of free activities, Coronado is great either side - outdoor music in summer, shops and great restaurants. I highly recommend the hotel for the best Sunday brunch. Balboa park, especially during holidays. Gaitanos Pizza (spelled wrong)-there's 3 that I know of one on India St, one in Casa de Oro no Lakeside. Have fun!

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors