Become a safer, more confident driver with the AARP Smart Driver course! Use the promo code VET and save 25% during November.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Calling all NEWBIES. ... Let's introduce our selves! Use this thread.

Message 21 of 236

Hi Helen. Loved your intro. I'm a convention nerd, from way back, starting in '78. If I'm not into most of what you listed, at least I'm familiar.

There was a convention in Portland, OR, called OryCon, it started in '78, and I managed to get to the first 26 of them. I now live on the central OR coast, and can't afford to get to them anymore.

My wife and I are retired, living on our SS, and trying to get by.

If you want to get some conversation going, my Email address is: CaptJackSparrow45x124@gmail.com.

I have been through cancer 3x... and now my wife is going through a medical malady. Can't close the book on hers yet.

That's about all I can think of for right now. Drop a line if you think we can click.  Smiley Happy

Jack Sparrow. (Yes, that's really my name.)

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 236

Hi folks. I'm Helen. I was born in New Hampshire, lived in Mississippi for 4.5 years in the 70s, and have lived in Western WA since August 1978. I love science fact & fiction, Star Trek, Doctor Who, John Denver, Eminem, ferrets, reading and writing poetry, Shakespeare, writing fan fiction, embroidery, scrapbooking, journaling, watching British TV, AD&D 2.0, Pathfinder, going to sci-fi conventions, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Three Stooges, Loony Tunes, Cheech and Chong, Red Dwarf, Stargate SG-1, Babylon 5, Firefly, MASH, Scrubs, WKRP in Cincinnati, collecting Bibles (my favorite version is the NASB), my son and my sister, best friend, hero and boss of me, Barbara, who passed away on 11/11 after a short bout with cancer and septic shock. I'll talk about anything -- well, okay, almost anything -- including religion and politics. Ut oh, don't know what I'm getting myself into.... but I will. I used to hang out in religion chat first on MSN, then Yahoo and finally Wireclub, so if anyone here has done so as well, let's gab. I promise you won't offend me, and I'll definitely try not to offend you. To quote the great Surak, "There is no offense, if none is taken." And to quote the great Vice President Al Gore, "Peace out, y'all!" (Oh yeah, and I could join the DAR if I wanted to. Just sayin'.)

betelgeuse.jpgI've got a lot of VERY funny photos (at least I think they are) that I'd love to post. I promise not to post anything obnoxious Smiley Wink

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 236

@IM42Golf wrote:

Greetings from Pete in Louisiana.

Let me state that I DO NOT discuss RELIGION or POLITICS, period. The U.S. Navy taught me that many, many years ago, because those two subjects only result in FIGHTING. Anything else that you wish to discuss is fine, as long as I have an interest in and a knowledge of the discussion subject.

I hope to retire sometime in 2018. I just hope that I can afford it.

Regards,

'Pete' Madere

Hi @IM42Golf Pete. Wise words indeed. Mostly I stay out of those discussions as well, feeling nothing worthwhile comes of it. But the good news is that there are many forums and sub forums here so neither one of us has to talk politics or religion. So yay. Smiley Happy

I hope you can afford a nice retirement and that you are able to get there this year. 

hey hello.png

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 236

Greetings from Pete in Louisiana.

Let me state that I DO NOT discuss RELIGION or POLITICS, period. The U.S. Navy taught me that many, many years ago, because those two subjects only result in FIGHTING. Anything else that you wish to discuss is fine, as long as I have an interest in and a knowledge of the discussion subject.

I hope to retire sometime in 2018. I just hope that I can afford it.

Regards,

'Pete' Madere

Antoine S. Madere
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 236

@Rainbowhope  Hello! (waves) Good to hear from you again, Rainbowhope. I was thinking about you the other day, hoping things were well with you. Smiley Happy Happiest of New Years to you. Heart

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 236

God's Rainbows to you all !!

Happy New Year!

I now have a new volunteer job at our Congregational Church.

I help keep the pew pockets clean!

This is a great job for exercising.

It's kind of a warm-up before I go to the YMCA.

Happy days ahead!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 236

@richardsonchristine wrote:
I'll be back later for a longer conversation. Love your post.

Hi @richardsonchristine! Welcome to the online community. Looking forward to your posts!

Hello!-designstyle-hello-m.png

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 236
I'll be back later for a longer conversation. Love your post.
Christine Richardson
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 236

@klmajor wrote:

Hello!

My name is Kathy and I've been "retired" from Dog Walking and Pet Sitting for five years now. My husband will still be working for another six years. We have been married for 34 years and have a grown son. No grands. I took leave of the best (paying) job in the world to help my mom as she aged and ultimately passed away. Then we started construction work on our house and with two senior dogs, I have been holding down the fort and making sure they are comfortable around all the noise and new goings on. I love my pups but am looking forward to getting out in the world again! We both love being outdoors for gardening, hiking, camping, etc. That being the case, we are advocats for a healthy and vibrant earth. We are very politically inclined and follow events closely. 

AARP seems to be right up our alley :-D

hello grinning dog.jpgHi there!

Hi @klmajor Kathy and welcome to the online community.

Sounds like you are in the right place, all right. Enjoy!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 236

Hello!

My name is Kathy and I've been "retired" from Dog Walking and Pet Sitting for five years now. My husband will still be working for another six years. We have been married for 34 years and have a grown son. No grands. I took leave of the best (paying) job in the world to help my mom as she aged and ultimately passed away. Then we started construction work on our house and with two senior dogs, I have been holding down the fort and making sure they are comfortable around all the noise and new goings on. I love my pups but am looking forward to getting out in the world again! We both love being outdoors for gardening, hiking, camping, etc. That being the case, we are advocats for a healthy and vibrant earth. We are very politically inclined and follow events closely. 

AARP seems to be right up our alley :-D

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season