Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Calling all NEWBIES. ... Let's introduce our selves! Use this thread.

Periodic Contributor

Calling all NEWBIES. ... Let's introduce our selves! Use this thread.

Hi, I'm Mary. I'm new to these threads but am excited by the opportunities to learn and connect.  I love AARP.  I'm very newly retired, live in the midwest, and there are SO MANY opportunities.

If you want to make connections with me and other Newbies, reply to this thread.  I'm seeing many starting individual threads/topics which will make it difficult to connect, just due to shear volume.

Hope to hear from you

Mary
Kudos
Views
Replies
Honored Social Butterfly

@m949405j wrote:

i am new to this community.

Does ANYONE know of a way to reach someone at ARRP about a password issue?

so far the list of emails contacts that have NOT helped are below

Melissa Member Communications   Member@aarp.org   read 1/17/2017 9:59 pm EST

Mellissa Member Communications   Member@aarp.org   sent to me 1/19/17  question on password response NOT RELATED to question i asked.

member@aarp.org  email sent to me on 1/20/2017 11:35 am   I am asking about passwords. email was ONLY about setting up games.

Constancre Member Communications member@aarp.org  sent 1/20/2017 9:38 am  DID READ AS FAR AS THE WORD "PASSWORD"    The bad news she did not read rest of email subject line SO the reply was password related it was NOT related to the question.

@bye the way i have saved the emails with the reference ID @# of each email.  if helps anyone.

i am unable to reach the "help phone number" while they are open.

i have tried several ways to reach someone by email,

AND sent emails that were read by AAPR,

AND replyed  to emails sent me by AARP on this issure

i am looking for a link to someone that will read

my msg "I have a question about passwords on AARP"

the responses i have got so far deals with "PLAYING THE GAMES" 

I have checked out ALL the FAQ's, and Help sites i found anywhere on AARP website.

I have been trying to get an answer starting on december of last year.

I have got several emails back to me, none of the text in the msg sent by AARP is related to my question in bold above.   

yes i did find info on how to make a password for this board.   I still have other password questions about the password for this site and rest of ARRP.

anyone with info on how to get a response about passwords on aarp THAT WILL READ THE QUESTION I HAVE or even IF you might, maybe have an idea.how i can get that info.

(recall  the help phone posted will not work for me I have tried ever other way i can think of to get these answers.)

info will be very helpful.    and i will be very thankfull.

Mark

@m949405j An online community moderator can fast track your case, however in my experience initial customer service emails are the equivalent of auto generated responses: they answer in broad stroke fashion that rarely, if ever, helps to solve the specific issue. Heck, you've already checked online for an answer, and what they are typically sending in the response is also published online: if that was gonna help it would have already, right?

So here's what I do. I'll respond to the blah first emails with a more direct request for specific help. If that still gets a duh response, I'll do it again. Eventually there will be an answer from a person able to solve real problems. This can take weeks.

So I suggest getting a moderator's attention to expedite your request for help. 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Contributor

Thanks,

Nice to know i am not the only one that gets these kind of responses.

How do i get the moderator's attension without getting the moderator mad at me?

Honored Social Butterfly

@m949405j wrote:

Thanks,

Nice to know i am not the only one that gets these kind of responses.

How do i get the moderator's attension without getting the moderator mad at me?

Yeah, that's pretty much the way of customer service these days. Insulting, I find.

@AARPTeri@IS a moderator. What I just did (type @ plus her screen name) sent notification to her. You'll want to do something like that to your original post so she knows what the issue is. If she cannot help, she will get you the help you need. Best wishes.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Contributor

Hi Everyone.  I am new to AARP and am semi-retired.  Still working part time to keep yself busy.  I was in sales for over 32 years and am continuing in that for awhile.

Contributor

Newbie here. I'm in Georgetown, SC. Anyone in the area interested in devoting some time to our non-profit Amazing Journey, Inc.? We support and enhance the Georgetown County Sheriff's Reentry Services. Please reply to learn how you can help. 

Roger Armistead
Periodic Contributor

Hi, Mary -- I'm finding it a little tough navigating the site, but I hope I'm communicating with you.  I live in South Carolina.  Thanks for chiming in -- good to hear from you.

Regular Contributor

@ss3900: Couldn't agree more! I am with you, the site is a little funny to navigate. And I am tech savvy to some extent!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi, Steve, from SC.  You guys have it alot nicer than we in Michigan do right now but it isn't too bad right now.  We don't even have any snow..... very odd for January.

Mary

Mary
Periodic Contributor

BTW, the below message is from Steve in SC.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello,I'm Richard from Oklahoma city and, Oklahoma. I'd love to find someone to chat with .Maybe not everyday but occassioally.I miss conversing with folks .You can reach me via my email,if any should find themselves bored and lonely as well. [Email removed for security purposes] 

Thank you and may you all have a fantastic evening.

Sincerely Richard 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Richard,
I've been to OkCity one time and enjoyed my trip. While at the race track on that first day of Nov., we all were enjoying the races, when lo and behold, it started snowing. Thus, the races had to come to an end. I also enjoyed going to the nearby Botanical Gardens that day.
Have you ever been to "The Deep South" ?
Anne
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@MaryB59 wrote:

Hi, I'm Mary. I'm new to these threads but am excited by the opportunities to learn and connect.  I love AARP.  I'm very newly retired, live in the midwest, and there are SO MANY opportunities.

If you want to make connections with me and other Newbies, reply to this thread.  I'm seeing many starting individual threads/topics which will make it difficult to connect, just due to shear volume.

Hope to hear from you

Hello from the Colorado Rockies, Mary!

Well look at you getting all organized from the get-go! Woot!  Applause on your Newbie thread idea!

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

HelloHello

B. MARIE
Periodic Contributor

nice to meet you Rockie Mtn.  Hope we both get alot of interesting stuff off of this thread!  I like your quote.

Mary
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP