Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 1 of 269

Morning from WI., I’m new to this and hope to get more comfortable.

looking to chat now and then, build some friendships perhaps.

take care and hope everyone has a blessed day.  Isa

🌻

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 269

Pleased to have you in our group, Dwayne.

What does FRA stand for?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 269

Hello new to the forum - I just turned FRA and start receiving SS next month. Have lived in Midwest USA all my life.

I am a mechanical/automotive/aerospace engineer, still working for now (from home most of the time).  So anyone wanting to talk shop, feel free to contact me.

I am a veteran of many Internet forums since the early days of TELNET and "bulletin boards", so I am looking forward to some good conversations with others on the forums here.  It seems like a great community.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 269

Hello from Tucson, Arizona.

My name is Michael and I am hoping to reply to messages and chat a bit.  Take care everyone.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 269
Hi Lynne,
I identify with your experience stated in your post.
Also, AARP can be a somewhat difficult to maneuver around to and in the different sites, I find.
Do you perhaps play bridge? I use to be a member of a local ladies bridge club, but
we dissolved years ago. I now play internet bridge at Bridge Base Online and enjoy meeting and playing with people all over the world. I played long enough now though, that I have many "friends" that come into the site at the same time I do most of the time and are on my "friends list".
What are some of your interests, hobbies, etc
Anne
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 269

hi. I am fairly new but can't seem to find a consistent thread to talk to everytime I come back can't find the people I would like to  talk  to or more like to talk about their interests

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 269

Good afternoon to all of our NEWBIES! I would like to welcome you to Our Front Porch group where you can join us for coffee at our Coffee Club, share your thoughts at the Morning Roll Call and comment on our many topics. Feel free to add a topic or just spend so time reviewing other posts. I have been a member here sense January 2009!

Remember we have just one major set of rules:

41UAq3+uMiL.jpg71pG9XAaFsL._SL1500_.jpg90846182_10217026851007008_1098697924746936320_n.jpg44126867_10209721224707930_6837731241110798336_n.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 269

Good Morning Everyone:

I pray this finds everyone doing well considering the Covid-19.

I used to knit and crochet and give the items to charity, it was a great feeling knowing my items were going to those who needed them. I didn't venture out much before the pandemic, preferred to stay home and knit, crochet, read, sew, watch some tv, listen to my music online. I do keep in touch with my family and friends either on the phone or email. 😉

I always welcome a new friend. 😉

Have a safe and blessed day!! Heart

Smiles...

It broke my heart to lose you but you didn't go alone, for part of me went with you the day God took you home!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 269

Hi Lily

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 269

Hi I'm Lily from Arizon, originally from California. Considering retiring soon but hoping to travel some more before I do. In the recent past, pre Corona Virus, I volunteered with Habitat for Humanity and wanted to learn more about the history, uses  and cultivation of herbs. Now I'm doing some research online since all groups and classes are cancelled at this time. Looking for a pen pal to exchange ideas on retirement, travel, and just everyday experiences.

Lily 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

When responding to other users’ posts for penpals, dating, or for other communication, please do not post your personal information (email, address, phone number) in the forum.

Top Authors