From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: CHOICES

Message 1 of 4

Just as what goes up must come down, what goes in will come out.

I say (mostly to those asking for advice about how to be fit) that those things we do habitually are the choices that determine how our lives go. Do you exercise more days than you do not? Do you eat a balanced, nutritious and not-too-large meal most of the time? Do you watch TV or do you walk the dog after dinner?

This principle works for all areas of life, for instance, do you read gossip more than you read financial news? Then you are not setting yourself up to make solid financial decisions. Do you watch TV after dinner or do you go for a walk with your spouse? Which activity builds your relationship and health? 

After a certain age it is probably too late to radically change your financial trajectory if you failed to save for retirement, though one can radically change the nature of a flailing relationship and one can radically alter his or her health by adjusting poor daily intake habits.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

It has been said that a good choice never turns into a bad choice and a bad choice never turns into a good choice. One can only make the best choice with the information available at that time.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4
I agree that is what your life is based on the choices you make today
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

CHOICES

Message 4 of 4

Where We Are Today is because of Choices

Irrespective of whether we grew up rich or poor or some where in between we are all in our present state of living because of choices that we have made in the past. We made a choice of a spouse, to smoke or not smoke, to drink or not drink, to save/invest/ or to spend, I am very fortunate to have made many more correct decisions during my life time than poor ones. I maintain that even in the present world in which we live, the unemployed, homeless, the incarcerated,poverty stricken all had choices to make and that their present state is possibly due to choices that they made or didn't make.

Lon
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors