From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Bullying

Message 1 of 13

I can understand your feelings about my Bullying Brother

But as we know there is good In people

It is up to all of us to set our limits and modify them if needed

In the past month he was riding his Bike on the Street in Chicago and he got hit by a car

I kept a eye on him,because he didn't want to go to the Emergency Room

Hello is okay now

But the Fool does not engage his brakes on the back wheel

What can I do, I am a Cyclist also and gave him my Opinion 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 13

I’m glad this is progressing in the right direction!  

Dont forget to change the locks!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 13

get rid of him for good !

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 13

@roberts258723  Thanks for the update. I'm glad you seem happy with this result. Smiley Happy  

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 13

@roberts258723 wrote:

Hello

I have taken a Two Prong Approach

I have hired a Eviction Attorney and at the End Of this Month, My Attorney is going to initiate the Legal Eviction Process

I have contacted My Youngest Brother who basically found my Home for me and Reminded him that the reason I am living in my Present Home was that my Brother the Bully was bullying me everyday when we resided at our Parents Home and that is why I moved to my Present Home

As of Today the Bully has not appeared at my Home

Hello

As of this date, the issues with my Bullying Brother is coming to a close hopefully

My nice Brother is telling my Bullying Brother that he way of treating me is incorrect and that he is displeased 

A Sheriff Deputy has come to my Home and served my Bullying Brother with the Eviction Notice

As expected he is upset

But I am taking the high road and being calm

Now the Bully has requested that if I loan him $1000.00 he will move out of my Home

I discussed this with my other brother who I care about and he cares about me and it was agreed that I will loan the Bully the Money

I located a Loan Agreement on the internet and filled out the Information

Indicating that he Should move out of my Home by December 4th and a Monthly Payment was expected

Then we went to the Bank

I requested that a bank officer who is a Notary Of Public witness the signatures and the Notary has signed the Document and placed a Legal Stamp on the Loan Agreement and then I withdrew the $1000.00 from my Checking Account and gave my Brother the Money

Bill is still being annoying,but because the issue is coming to a close hopefully I am able to deal with him

I will post a announcement within the week to let everyone know the status.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 13

Hello

As of this date, the issues with my Bullying Brother is coming to a close hopefully

My nice Brother is telling my Bullying Brother that he way of treating me is incorrect and that he is displeased 

A Sheriff Deputy has come to my Home and served my Bullying Brother with the Eviction Notice

As expected he is upset

But I am taking the high road and being calm

Now the Bully has requested that if I loan him $1000.00 he will move out of my Home

I discussed this with my other brother who I care about and he cares about me and it was agreed that I will loan the Bully the Money

I located a Loan Agreement on the internet and filled out the Information

Indicating that he Should move out of my Home by December 4th and a Monthly Payment was expected

Then we went to the Bank

I requested that a bank officer who is a Notary Of Public witness the signatures and the Notary has signed the Document and placed a Legal Stamp on the Loan Agreement and then I withdrew the $1000.00 from my Checking Account and gave my Brother the Money

Bill is still being annoying,but because the issue is coming to a close hopefully I am able to deal with him

I will post a announcement within the week to let everyone know the status.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 13

Glad you can talk about this.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 13

@roberts258723  Sounds like you made a plan that will work to remove the bully. Good for you.

Am I reading this correctly: you have more than one brother? If that's correct, I say it is wise to keep those lines of communication open with the younger brother. (Who is not the bully, right?)

When my eldest sister took in another of my sisters, and things started to go south (due to mental illness, not bullying, though frankly the mentally ill sister does that too), it was immensely valuable for me to act as a sounding board for the elder sib. They have things worked out pretty well now: the mentally ill sib lives in a cabin on the other sib's property. This allows loose oversight and all-important space/privacy. I don't know if such an arrangement might work for you. It sounds unlikely.

Boundaries are important. Good for you for setting and maintaining yours!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 13

Hello

I have taken a Two Prong Approach

I have hired a Eviction Attorney and at the End Of this Month, My Attorney is going to initiate the Legal Eviction Process

I have contacted My Youngest Brother who basically found my Home for me and Reminded him that the reason I am living in my Present Home was that my Brother the Bully was bullying me everyday when we resided at our Parents Home and that is why I moved to my Present Home

As of Today the Bully has not appeared at my Home

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 13

That's rough. I have emotionally abusive family members, but I don't live with them.  Even with them outside the house, it's hard to establish boundaries and stick to them.   I am sure it would be extraordinarily hard to handle when the person lives with you.

Is there any way to change the living arrangments?  

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season