Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Highlighted
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Re: Alive and Well on the Island of Puerto Rico

Message 1 of 5

Thanks for the picture - absolutely beautiful! So glad to hear from someone who has recovered well & quickly.
¡Bueno suerte con todo!

Máia (aka ScifiMai)
~ “We cannot become what we need to be by remaining what we are.”
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5
RDWest,
Glad you are ok. Will you want to continue living there? We survived Hurricane Irma here in Central Florida. I can't imagine being on an island during a hurricane.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5
Actually, after 46 Alaskan winters, I was ready for something warmer. Where we are, it NEVER goes over 90. Usually closer to 85. In the winter, it gets down to the mid 60s. Nothing like the Southwest or Texas. They got snow!!!
What category 5 hurricane?
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

Hi @RDWest  Looking good!

Question: did your bodies warp from the extreme change of climate? Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Alive and Well on the Island of Puerto Rico

Message 5 of 5

LooknOutMyBackDoor.jpgLooking Out My Back DoorI retired to PR eight years ago, from Alaska.  We live on the south side of the island, away from San Juan.  Yes, we were hammered hard by Maria. We were without basic services for over 6 weeks.  Some folks are still without.  That said, I would much rather 'tough it out' here than on the mainland.  Two months in and everything is turning green again.  The cleanup and restoration of services continues.  I understand some folks could not wait for services to return so they had to leave.  We totally get that.  The photo is one I took before the storm, looking off our back deck. Anyone is welcome to share it anywhere you like.  Bob

What category 5 hurricane?
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors