Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Taking walks and having a bite to eat together

Message 1 of 10

Calvin,

Life sometimes is not easy for us.  Some, like you, suffering for seeing how things are going bad for her, oters just have too much in life to deal. 

I have been alone for more than ten years when my husband decided that he wanted to live by himself.

It was hard, but eventualy I understood that life is not easy.

I am a retired teacher, I have retired three times :-) and I am still trying to find something to do.  Why?  well, one reason is because I want to keep my mind busy and my energy still high. 

Another one is because it is good to have some extra pennies and save instead using all my pension funds.  But honestly feeling that I am an useful person, makes feel so good.  

I have one daughter, married and she lives here in Orlando, that is the reason why I moved here.  But, I feel lonely many times and I don't really have friends to hang out, talk, going for a walk, to the movies or anything else.  

Hanging in there. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

Hi Bea thanks for getting back with me. Just wanted to introduce myself and possibly talk about issues important to both of us online. I'd eventually like to meet you as well. Although it's tough for me at times, I Pray and then I handle it as best I can. She's been in the nursing home for 2 months and aside from missing her, I certainly get lonely! I'm over 50, but I keep in very good shape. How about you? I'd like to know a little about you.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

Dear friend,

I am so sorry to hear these news about your situation.

I wish I could help you but unfortunately I live far from your place. 

At this moment I am working in a special project and I have no too many days extra to go and visit you.  I would do it at least for a few days. 

Keep me posted and as soon as I am done with this project, in March, I would have more flexibility to travel.

Best regards, 

Bea

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Taking walks and having a bite to eat together

Message 4 of 10

Greetings, my name is Calvin Ray and I'm a resident of Lexington, SC. I'm currently retired and I own my ranch style home. I'm married and my wife is currently in a nursing home and not expected back due tgo her diagnoses of brain cancer and dementia. She barely recognizes me on  visits. I have no one else in the household. I really would like someone to just talk to or visit the city's many sites together. If there is some female who shares my situation or something similar, then please contact me here.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP DATING SITE

Message 5 of 10
pell city here. AL
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

there is a national site @ http://www.meetup.com and you can pretty much select a distance from any city and put in any interest, e.g. dating over 50, over 60, books clubs, walking, wine tasting, dancing, whatever and it will show you many, many groups that get together to share interest.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

I have the same question, does anybody know if there is a place around here in Winter Haven where single people get together to mingle and socialize? 

Thanks.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

Hello,

At the Willow's in Bremerton there is a gathering of singles from other Adult Independent locations once a month. I hope this helps. 

I no longer live there do to I needed more Independents.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

All, this individual joined 31-Dec-2017 and posts "dating" only. Be smart, beware.

#VegasStrong

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views
Replies

AARP DATING SITE

Message 10 of 10

Can anyone tell me if there is a place for members to go to meet other singles who maybe get together to go on walks or have dinner that sort of thing.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors