Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Tiny Home/Tiny Cottage

Message 1 of 4

Been living dream in 325 square foot 5th wheel several years. Local city zoning not favorable for small residential structures (no tax benefits to local governments due to reduced size of properties). Until state and local governmental bodies decide to get on board with appropriate zoning, they are missing out on the huge benefit of an increasing population of tax paying, capital rich, and stable residents (see Texas communities embracing this new paradigm.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

If I lived there alone I could handle it but not with another occupant.  In that case I'd last about an hour!

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

I have been living in a 2 room park model home for 5 years. It is 30 feet long with 2 slide-outs. It is plenty comfortable with suffient room. (Except for storage of any extras.) Lots of windows & nice view of a pasture. I'm an 84 year old male who lost 2 wives. This home would be a little too crowed for more than 1 person. Could suffice but not if I'm one of the people. I've become a loner. 

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Tiny Home/Tiny Cottage

Message 4 of 4

Hello All!

Anyone living in a tiny home or tiny cottage?

Would love to hear from you if you are or dream of living in one.

As I age, I know one big concern are UTILITIES and of course RENT/MORTGAGE. Have done major research ONLINE but would love to hear from real people/lol.

Energy efficient options such as solar maybe???

Using rain water????

Then the challenge of finding locations that ALLOW these homes/cottages and being able to purchase one. Would love to DESIGN my own as so not into the LOFTS (stairs/yikes). Need EVERYTHING on the same level and NO WHEELS for someone to tow me away/lol.

Let's talk about this!

Hugs,

Angela

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.