Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tiny Home/Tiny Cottage 🏡

💥This discussion was created October 18, 2019 💥

Hello All!

Anyone living in a tiny home or tiny cottage?

Would love to hear from you if you are or dream of living in one.

As I age, I know one big concern are UTILITIES and of course RENT/MORTGAGE. Have done major research ONLINE but would love to hear from real people/lol.

Energy efficient options such as solar maybe???

Using rain water????

Then the challenge of finding locations that ALLOW these homes/cottages and being able to purchase one. Would love to DESIGN my own as so not into the LOFTS (stairs/yikes). Need EVERYTHING on the same level and NO WHEELS for someone to tow me away/lol.

Let's talk about this!

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥March 16, 2021💥

Hi @s811450v how exciting!!! I wish my state welcomed them. Seriously thinking of moving to a state that does.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

💥March 16, 2021💥

Hi @s811450v how exciting!!! I wish my state welcomed them. Seriously thinking of moving to a state that does.

0 Kudos

My wife & I have been 3 years in a 30' Class A Fleetwood Flair. We snowbird east coast but have been West to Arizona & north to Canada (PEI). We try to winter in Florida and summer in NC, with side trips spring and fall. NOLA has been one of my favorite places to visit, the food & people are the best.

RV living is safe, affordable and the best alternative to restrictive zoning against tiny homes. IMHO, an RV is better than an above ground coffin with windows.

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥March 16, 2021💥

Hi @steamyb sounds like fun!!!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

After living in a 2k+ sqft home over 30 years, it was a BIG adjustment to make such a drastic downsize in living space. In the end we became more attuned to just how little we required to live comfortably, with the fallout benefits of a reduced carbon footprint, drastically reduced dependence on available resources, and the freedom to relocate when desired, along with the exposure to new friends, locales, and lifestyle experiences. Best decision we ever made!

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥March 16, 2021💥

Yes downsizing can be a challenge @s811450v 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

If I lived there alone I could handle it but not with another occupant.  In that case I'd last about an hour!

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥March 16, 2021💥

Lol, I agree @2Papa 🤣😂

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have been living in a 2 room park model home for 5 years. It is 30 feet long with 2 slide-outs. It is plenty comfortable with suffient room. (Except for storage of any extras.) Lots of windows & nice view of a pasture. I'm an 84 year old male who lost 2 wives. This home would be a little too crowed for more than 1 person. Could suffice but not if I'm one of the people. I've become a loner. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥March 16, 2021💥

Sounds so peaceful @wt47413563 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP