Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

TX Rental – lease termination eligibility

Periodic Contributor

TX Rental – lease termination eligibility

Currently I live in a rental house in Texas. The lease commenced mid-June-2022 and expires at the end of May-2023.

I am shopping for a house now. If things work out, my plan is to move out of this rental property by the end of March-2023. As per TX, law, do I have right to terminate the lease in the event of moving to my own property?

Please advice?

Regards,

Reddy

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Trusted Social Butterfly

You might be at the mercy of the landlord if you choose to break the lease before May 2023..I would approach him to question this but you're putting the horse before the cart as you're not tied to a purchase yet...Why not question the realty who you're working with or contact a lawyer to ask this question. If you don't sign the new lease you're going to be ask to move anyway because of non commital...This is just my opinion so you should get someone that is knowledgeable about this...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

You might be at the mercy of the landlord if you choose to break the lease before May 2023..I would approach him to question this but you're putting the horse before the cart as you're not tied to a purchase yet...Why not question the realty who you're working with or contact a lawyer to ask this question. If you don't sign the new lease you're going to be ask to move anyway because of non commital...This is just my opinion so you should get someone that is knowledgeable about this...

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thanks for quick response. I will approach landlord after signing the new property.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP