Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Housing and communites

I am living in my 1st apartment since retirement.

Working as a nurse, I knew what vulnerability and mistreatment looked like. Now, I have been given a chance to see what it feel like. It can feel burdensome, especially, when you attempt to get help and it seems that you are invisible. This is a cry for help and possible solution.  I am in inhabitable  living conditions and I am in need of a solution. Hopefully, for me and others like me.

Periodic Contributor

Hey! Sorry to read what youโ€™ve been through. I hope your situation has improved since your last post & that you got  connected to someone (trustworthy and savvy enough), to get you the benefits that you need.
No one should be forced to live in an uninhabitable place, where they are unwelcome; as a result of a broken system! Fingers crossed for you ๐ŸคžโœŒ๏ธ

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Iโ€™m in a very similar situation as you. Iโ€™ve been trying to find help every single day, ALL day for the past 3 years! Since the start of Covid I have experienced sooo many injustices, it is getting ridiculous! I am a single, disabled female who lives alone. I have been scammed/stolen from, endured daily harassment by my HOA; as well as having them take total advantage of me by not abiding by their own rules & regulations! This left my lovely home, uninhabitable (due to the extremely high MOLD SPORE count inside my home, compared to outdoors)! I now have horrific medical problems, as a result of unknowingly, breathing the carcinogenic mold spores, for 3 years! My HOA has yet to admit any wrongdoings or responsibility and has stopped responding to my messages! Long story, kinda shortโ€ฆI am just blown away at how the world has become. I am grateful every day that I never brought a child into this money-hungry, uncaring, unethical, unjust world! I feel sorry for what the next generations will be left with, as we continue to MIS-use, corrupt & abuse each other. Mother Nature is ANNOYED!

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) Dear @SDMdM , I am SO SORRY you had to experience this! ๐Ÿ˜ช How are you? Sending health, peace of mind, lots and lots of hugs your way. Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

You are so sweet. Thank you for your kind words! 

Periodic Contributor

Where are you living and looking to live?

Contributor

Hello I'm recently retired early do to health reasons..had cancer but they was able to remove all of it ...I'm non smoker..nondrinker.  live alone with medium sized dog .boxer.  in need of a small apt. Hopefully in the 500. Price range...have disability claim pending..hope you can help thanks

Periodic Contributor

It is so hard to find anything decent for an affordable price! Especially with a large pup! Been there, done that! Maybe try to find a guest house, like behind a main house. There used to be a website to find pet-friendly housing. Maybe do a Google search & youโ€™ll see something! Theyโ€™re out thereโ€ฆjust keep trying!

Best wishes to you & your pup. 

Periodic Contributor

WHERE?

Contributor

Central within tri-state area

Contributor

West 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP